Sign in to follow this  
timewarrior

Timewarrior Introduction - Dunedin

I feel for you mate.

Over the last 3 years of my GTR ownership it was in my garage & running for all of about 10 days. During my ownership I replaced pretty much everything bar the suspension and body. Somethings several times over.

I threw in the towel after the engine went for the 3rd time. Couldn't live through a 4th rebuild.

I'd hate to think what it cost me per km.

At least yours will come back, and will probably give years of loyal service to repay your perseverance!

I feel for you mate.

Over the last 3 years of my GTR ownership it was in my garage & running for all of about 10 days. During my ownership I replaced pretty much everything bar the suspension and body. Somethings several times over.

I threw in the towel after the engine went for the 3rd time. Couldn't live through a 4th rebuild.

I'd hate to think what it cost me per km.

At least yours will come back, and will probably give years of loyal service to repay your perseverance!

Hey mate, that's a real shame about your GTR. I had a mate in the same boat with his, a couple of rebuilds later he finds out that the chassis was bent from someone lifting the car up with a forklift! He got rid of it and is all about his Audis now.

Cars don't often repay our loyalty, we expect them to have a conscience but they don't. I'm lucky my other car is fun and reliable. The Bimmer is going to have to be a lot of fun to make up for this! Desperately needs an LSD if anyone is selling one...

well it's a pretty cool looking toy. I wish you well with your journey.

Who are you getting to tune it? Mike at the turbo shop has done a lot of euro stuff in his time and could sort you out

Edited by euroriffic

Who are you getting to tune it? Mike at the turbo shop has done a lot of euro stuff in his time and could sort you out

A couple of guys I know from Quality Vehicles. They've set up a company for tuning race cars and work well, it's just taking a really long time. I think there's an issue with the Megasquirt's main chip.

Ahh right. Have they got a dyno?

Ahh right. Have they got a dyno?

The issue at the moment is they haven't been able to run it for too long because one of the chips is heating up. They've replaced that chip but it's still doing it whether coil is reversed or normal so could be a problem with the main chip? They're going to data log it on the road and on some big hills to put it under load, it's a bit better for the engine than a dyno.

Sounds like a lot of pissing round to be honest. Turbo shop have a dyna pack dyno so they can apply load on and off if need be and all in house. That's what I'd be doing. I'd even just go in and have a chat with him. He's pretty good with most computers and making up looms and that for them

OK, I went to see the car yesterday. The problem with the computer was corrupted software. Go figure. It occurred to Casey to do a full reinstall after the new processor didn't work and it went fine afterwards. AWESOME. Apparently runs great when warm but boy when it was cold it was a different story. Needs its cold-start tuning done. My girlfriend told me I stunk of petrol when I got home.

Next step is he will tune it to the point where it can be driven. Go and get a couple of new tires and a WOF (and fix the hole in the exhaust) and then tune it on the road.

And then I can get it back.

I think I'm going to need a new exhaust, it hits the road pretty easily. Also it's too loud, I want something that sounds a bit more refined and with no carpet it's too loud in the cabin. Does anyone have any ideas? I want it to be quiet if I'm just cruising around but still want to hear any crackles and pops it might make.

There's also some things I will need. E30 cluster, wiper relay, heater blower motor and some other things I can't think of right now. Can't wait to take it to a meet!

dynamat it

Welcome, and good to see another local member. Make sure you come to our next meet in afew weeks so we can have a wee looksy at the e30 :D Looks like a nice car but agree with wheels and headlights.

Hey man im in dunedin also got a M3 but a sedan wondering how often you guys catch up or are you kean to go for a cruise with a few bmw people i no a few guys also thta would be kean,cheers Jarred.

• Like 1

Jarred Morgan right? Sorta know you through Horey. It was your old green e30 that got me into bmws haha. Me, Tyler, (pldubs) and mike/sanch (antil33t) used to have meets but not many people would show but the 3 of us are pretty good mates now so usually just f**k around working on someone's car or just having a beer and talk sh*t haha. Would be good to organise something tho if you're keen and a few others.

Edited by euroriffic

Jarred Morgan right? Sorta know you through Horey. It was your old green e30 that got me into bmws haha. Me, Tyler, (pldubs) and mike/sanch (antil33t) used to have meets but not many people would show but the 3 of us are pretty good mates now so usually just f**k around working on someone's car or just having a beer and talk sh*t haha. Would be good to organise something tho if you're keen and a few others.

Horey as in Sam hore? Went to school with him. Few of my mates know him, I only really know the cars he used to have.

Jeez small world aye?? i still think about my old e30 all the time man it was tidy when i first got it only one owner from new before me! Is your m3 the one with the BBS rims on it? any of your mates got M cars?? my Dad has a Z4 M coupe hes always kean for a drive and talk about bmws, id be pretty kean to try organise a get together and a cruise somewhere a

Horey as in Sam hore? Went to school with him. Few of my mates know him, I only really know the cars he used to have.

Went to school with Sam?what school?

Went to school with Sam?what school?

McGlashan, think he was the year above me.

Jeez small world aye?? i still think about my old e30 all the time man it was tidy when i first got it only one owner from new before me! Is your m3 the one with the BBS rims on it? any of your mates got M cars?? my Dad has a Z4 M coupe hes always kean for a drive and talk about bmws, id be pretty kean to try organise a get together and a cruise somewhere a

Yea that's my m3, and the white e36 touring on style 32s with the rusty bonnet, and the e46 ac Schnitzer haha.

What M coupe has he got?

Tyler has the red e36 coupe on the cream style 32s and sanch has a white e34 touring.

sh*t yea nice line up mate! yea i followed you down into town at the start of the year and that basiiclly sealed the deal for me getting an m3 even a yellow one lol. Think iv seen the red coupe is it really low? if so looks super sick that low, iv just had my car lowered on cobra springs and bilstein shocks and fitted a whiteline adjustable front sway bar and all new bushes, makes quite the difference just need to roll the rear gaurds a touch now. Yea my dad has a Blue Z4 M coupe with after market semi bbs style 19" wheels and carbon wrapped roof skin, cool car pretty rare but so small inside goes like a gokart though. I no another guy with a estoril blue m3 evo and have meet another a few times that has a Z3 M coupe, could prob talk them into a meet up one day of we were going to try organise a run somewhere,

sh*t yea nice line up mate! yea i followed you down into town at the start of the year and that basiiclly sealed the deal for me getting an m3 even a yellow one lol. Think iv seen the red coupe is it really low? if so looks super sick that low, iv just had my car lowered on cobra springs and bilstein shocks and fitted a whiteline adjustable front sway bar and all new bushes, makes quite the difference just need to roll the rear gaurds a touch now. Yea my dad has a Blue Z4 M coupe with after market semi bbs style 19" wheels and carbon wrapped roof skin, cool car pretty rare but so small inside goes like a gokart though. I no another guy with a estoril blue m3 evo and have meet another a few times that has a Z3 M coupe, could prob talk them into a meet up one day of we were going to try organise a run somewhere,

Yea that's Tyler's one. Pity he's selling it now. Have seen the a coupe around, very cool cars. Is the blue m3 the one that's up for sale?

Yea if we could get them all together that would be awesome and get some sweet photos.

Just not long had the whole rear subframe out in mine replacing every mount and bush. Made a noticeable difference from going from rooted rear trailing arms to nolethane ones. Kept the rest all standard tho

Yea that's Tyler's one. Pity he's selling it now. Have seen the a coupe around, very cool cars. Is the blue m3 the one that's up for sale?

Yea if we could get them all together that would be awesome and get some sweet photos.

Just not long had the whole rear subframe out in mine replacing every mount and bush. Made a noticeable difference from going from rooted rear trailing arms to nolethane ones. Kept the rest all standard tho

Not sure if the m3 is for sale or not i tried to purchase it off him and he didnt wanna bar of it, has KW coilovers and 19in mags and the plate ALLM3 if thats the one u were thinking of he also has a really cool e30 coupe only travelled 90ish Kms from new, i will try get in touch with the few i no and see how they feel about getting together somewhere?

Must be another one then, it's on the BMW buy sell page and dirty south for 19k. The plates m3 av2 I think.

Yea would be good to have a get together. See some more M stuff that's around

ohh yea i saw that car last week looks not bad, have to laugh at the peoples comments on dirty south about the price of it, obviuosly have no idea, should flick me a txt id like to come have a look at your car and talk bmws one day, 0274659278, cheers

Haha yea saw the one saying only worth 5g. Too many retards selling their 318i's as" M3 spec" so no ones the wiser.

Yea will give you a yell next time we're mucking round.