Sign in to follow this  
zara

Help me design an audio system for E39

FYI, he's on east Coast Rd, just south of Greville

Update:

My stuff has arrived from the states! The question now though is that I am considering selling the car (hence it's in the for sale section) so this stuff is gonna be put on a delayed process. Will look at getting the DICE unit installed within the next 2 weeks if some deals with my car fall through.

Unless I can get the price I want for the car, I'm not gonna sell it and will be installing these bits and pieces over the next month or so.

Also I've decided against the arm-rest sub idea because I may very well leave the country at the end of the year anyway so don't want to spend too much money here and there.

I've decided on 10' sub/subs as I don't really need a earth-shattering bass and I want response. I've had a very cheap 10' pioneer sub (like $98) in 2 of my cars before and with a good amp they actually sounded very nice so I might go along that route.

What I do need now is suggestion on what amp to buy to power both the subs and the component speakers. I would actually prefer 2nd hand items provided they are in good working condition.

Caution on the second hand amp. Only buy from someone you know or can vouch for condition.

Had a PG AMP go and couldn't repair as getting matched transistors was a problem. Brought a S/H one off trademe to replace. Turns out the amp in so call excellent condition had a serious fault.

When connected up in tri mode the sub and left channel worked. However , a serious amount of smoke started coming out of the rh side of the dash. The amp was faulty in such a way that the crossovers smoked up. It also killed the voicecoil on one of my Boston components mid bass. This all only took a few seconds.

The whole car could have gone up which was sitting in my garage at the time.

Edited by Neal

Sign up to nzicemag forum. There's a for sale section there with decent second hand gear going - car audio nuts so good gear in good nick usually.

Edit - just seen Rogan recommending the same forum to get you in touch with Hennie :-)

Edited by MD13

Sign up to nzicemag forum. There's a for sale section there with decent second hand gear going - car audio nuts so good gear in good nick usually.

Edit - just seen Rogan recommending the same forum to get you in touch with Hennie :-)

Yup, I've tried signing up but I still can't see the confirmation code that's meant to appear in the registration form...

If anyone on here is on NZICEMAG, can you please contact a moderator for me?

Trying to get hold of the site admin to fix it, but don't put your life on hold waiting. NZicemag used to be really active. Pretty much dead now but bargains do come up cos the market for 2nd hand in NZ is terrible

Think it's been fixed now

Not to bump an old thread, but I've ended up selling the E39 without installing any of the parts. They're on TM for sale now

Precision Power 3 way component speakers

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=669175588

Rockford Fosgate Punch line amp

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=669178207

Rockford Fosgate BASS and TREBLE equalizer

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=669179685

BOSS KIT-2 8 gauge installation kit

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=669183826

Cheers