Sign in to follow this  
Apex

Breaking News: BMW M235i Uncovered!

To be honest I like it a lot!!! Looks like an improved 1M :D if it will have an M version it looks very very promising!

I like it - finally a nicely designed front kidney grille since the E46!

Although it does bother me how small & low the wheel well looks in relation to the bonnet which seems so high.. no doubt thanks to all the pedestrian impact regulations dictating the design requirements.

Mind you most cars are like that now days so oh well.

Looks good. M135i is a rocket ship you can daily, this looks more aggressive but will probably have about the same performance.. yum. :D

Although it does bother me how small & low the wheel well looks in relation to the bonnet which seems so high..

Agreed. Doesn't look proportional. Everything else pulls it off!

Its unfortunate we wont see that nice low slung styling like on older cars again, BMW have had to raise the center line to meet safety and platform standards so I guess its a compromise between styling, packaging and safety.

Would be great to see BMW do a proper stand alone sports car like the Subota 86, now that would be awesome, thins thing squashed to 86 proportions!

Yeah I agree Graham, it's a fair compromise and I think they are pulling it off pretty well.

I just realise this is a 2 series, makes sense I suppose! Good place for a car like this to fill the void of the 3 series which is a 1500kg+ car now (as well as the heafty 4 series)

That's quite nice. Definitely like it.

Agree with the above comment as well about it being a decent replacement for what the 3 series used to be too (compact executive)

This would look better with a hatchback instead of saloon boot, I reckon. I like the bonnet styling.

This would look better with a hatchback instead of saloon boot, I reckon. I like the bonnet styling.

Ya, I have always said the current one series is cool back its headlamps and grill, throw this front on it = saved.

Have been meaning to take the 135i for a test drive bit have not made it into a dealership, they are meant to be fantastic though, anyone driven one?

Ya, I have always said the current one series is cool back its headlamps and grill, throw this front on it = saved.

Have been meaning to take the 135i for a test drive bit have not made it into a dealership, they are meant to be fantastic though, anyone driven one?

Yep, I drove one on the track at Hampton. Nuts!!

Looks a metric-buttload better than the 3, though I think I need to reverse final judgement until there's more pics :-)

Looks like a 1 series body with a 3 series front end to me

Looks like a 1 series body with a 3 series front end to me

It doesn't have that weird bit where the headlight links to the grille, and doesn't look quite as droopy, but that may be the angle. It doesn't have the tacked on busy looking bits in the lower ar intakes either.

very nice! looks to be a competitor to the new merc CLA?

Okay I bought into when BMW needed to have a car in the compact segment ie. the 1series. I am just getting used to the fact they have a 4series which still does not sound right and now a 2series. So now we have a line up 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8? model series. BMW please stop.. must be getting old. :blink:

Okay I bought into when BMW needed to have a car in the compact segment ie. the 1series. I am just getting used to the fact they have a 4series which still does not sound right and now a 2series. So now we have a line up 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8? model series. BMW please stop.. must be getting old. :blink:

remember 2002 models and 635

remember 2002 models and 635

yes, BMW has never had so many models rolling of the production line at the same time.

Edited by Allycat

yes, BMW has never had so many models rolling of the production line at the same time.

You ain't seen nothing yet.... loads more series, models and segments still to come!

theres a whole line up of X series too, first it was just an x5, but now x1, x2, x3, x5, x6....