Sign in to follow this  
e30ftw

E30 MTech2 Touring

Thought I'd make a thread of my e30 since I have a few pictures from here and there from my phone,

It's a 1989 E30 320i touring with an m20b25 and manual, Have owned it since the end of last year.

So far what I have done is:

H&R Sport springs

RS reps (ESM 002R 16x9's)

Smoked headlights (may do the high beams eventually)

e36 Window switch swap - Like these switches alot, look alot better

M-Tech2 steering wheel - Worn abit on one side sadly :(

3.73 LSD

Rolled rear guards

Upgraded rear diff hanger bush to a Polyurethane bush

Repsrayed faded front grills and blacked middle kidney ones, Have a mint chrome one though if I get sick of it (undecided on look)

Also not long ago did the full timing belt, waterpump etc new coolant and oil and filters etc, Driveshaft coupling, CSB and gearbox oil / rear seal. Engine runs very well, only problem is abit of a sticky throttle cable that gives me a high idle but I have a spare.

Only problems at the moment are

Front recaro seat has a rip in the front bolster,

Headliner keeps sagging in the rear, Have stuck it back up twice but the sunroof wind seems to keep ruining it

Tech2 wheel needs some attention

Rear is sitting abit low, Just got some thicker spring pads to put in to give it an extra half inch height in the back.

Just keeping it pretty OEM.. Resisting temptation to m50 it or something though hah.

First 2 pics are from yesterday after swapping in some all black door cards and the LSD then giving it a well needed wash..

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Prefer the chrome grill on this colour. But a great looking car either way!

Prefer the chrome grill on this colour. But a great looking car either way!

+1 Chrome looks better :)

Awesome car either way, loving the tourings.

That looks like my old car.. that car had such a nice shine to it, new wheels look good, stance looks like it has been reversed.

Enjoy.

That looks like my old car.. that car had such a nice shine to it, new wheels look good, stance looks like it has been reversed.

Enjoy.

Yep sure is your old one, minus a few bits and maybe a different engine (read through some older threads on it from you and Sam etc),

Yeah I need to raise the rear, the rear is heavier so sits lower than it should. Have some thick spring pads to throw in this weekend to raise it up abit. Some angles it looks like it is dragging it's rear..

Interesting feedback on the front grill though , Chrome looks more classy and original but the blacked out looks staunch looking when looking head on. Need better photos I think :)

Great car. I prefer the black grill, though chrome for the purists.

Yep sure is your old one, minus a few bits and maybe a different engine (read through some older threads on it from you and Sam etc),

Yeah I need to raise the rear, the rear is heavier so sits lower than it should. Have some thick spring pads to throw in this weekend to raise it up abit. Some angles it looks like it is dragging it's rear..

Interesting feedback on the front grill though , Chrome looks more classy and original but the blacked out looks staunch looking when looking head on. Need better photos I think :)

I put the 2.5 in and the extractors, intake etc.. Also did the shocks.. that car owed me 10k in bits and bobs by the time I sold it and since then has got attention from a few other BS members, its a great car.

When I had it I put Vogtland springs in and we ran a E36 rear sprig to compensate for the extra weight, perhaps look at fitting the E36 rear springs??

I am jealous, wish I had never sold that car.. or the M325i. Need another E30 in my life!

The black kidneys and smoked headlights contrast all the silver nicely. It looked really good head on last weekend with the black kidneys.

Go with one black kidney and one silver kidney, class and staunch all at once ;)

Edited by ando

yep definately is a very cool car!

Great car. I prefer the black grill, though chrome for the purists.

Lol so true!

I put the 2.5 in and the extractors, intake etc.. Also did the shocks.. that car owed me 10k in bits and bobs by the time I sold it and since then has got attention from a few other BS members, its a great car.

When I had it I put Vogtland springs in and we ran a E36 rear sprig to compensate for the extra weight, perhaps look at fitting the E36 rear springs??

I am jealous, wish I had never sold that car.. or the M325i. Need another E30 in my life!

Yeah always wondered if it was the same 2.5, read alot of stories and even got told it had a 2.7 from someone else when I got it, But theres oddly no number on the block so who knows! Heads got the 885 stamp under the intake side though.

Still has the same Simota intake, but no extractors. Standard 325i exhaust welded on an angle from the manifold (lol)

I have those Vogtland springs too, The fronts sit exactly the same, the rear sits a tad too high though, need something in between which hopefully the spring pads will do, else I will put the vogtland rears back in.

It's definitely made its rounds on here over the years!

The black kidneys and smoked headlights contrast all the silver nicely. It looked really good head on last weekend with the black kidneys.

Go with one black kidney and one silver kidney, class and staunch all at once ;)

HAHA, Identity crisis

Lol so true!

Yeah always wondered if it was the same 2.5, read alot of stories and even got told it had a 2.7 from someone else when I got it, But theres oddly no number on the block so who knows! Heads got the 885 stamp under the intake side though.

Still has the same Simota intake, but no extractors. Standard 325i exhaust welded on an angle from the manifold (lol)

I have those Vogtland springs too, The fronts sit exactly the same, the rear sits a tad too high though, need something in between which hopefully the spring pads will do, else I will put the vogtland rears back in.

It's definitely made its rounds on here over the years!

HAHA, Identity crisis

you can try those ebaichs i got here if you want. id rather keep them as a set, but if they sit right you know what to look for. up to you bud.

you can try those ebaichs i got here if you want. id rather keep them as a set, but if they sit right you know what to look for. up to you bud.

I'll see how these spring pads go, They're solid and thicker than standard so should get it where I want it. Cheers though! I'll give your trolley jack back once I've done them tomorrow haha. Never doing a diff on my driveway again (1st pics are my stone tiled driveway).

Severe back massage while liying under the car.

I'll see how these spring pads go, They're solid and thicker than standard so should get it where I want it. Cheers though! I'll give your trolley jack back once I've done them tomorrow haha. Never doing a diff on my driveway again (1st pics are my stone tiled driveway).

Severe back massage while liying under the car.

no rush to get jack back, i got another one anyways. next time you out this way :)

Nice work John !!!

And chrome is for wankers & yank tanks

• Like 1

Looking very nice John, have always admired this car over the years.

I have a feeling it would look cooler without centre caps...

+1 chrome grille

Hmm, Nah I reckon they look weird without center caps. Doesn't look as tidy.

Rear raised 8mm.

Posted Image

Dat rip :blink:

Posted Image

Awesome! Looks tidy as.

Keen for more pics of how it sits now.

Awesome! Looks tidy as.

Keen for more pics of how it sits now.

you going to buy this one too?? :P

you going to buy this one too?? :P

Haha well to be honest a touring is high on my list of priorities at the moment!

Wanna sell it John? :unsure: