Sign in to follow this  
kingkarl

BMW's 3 Best Looking Cars

E39 M5 (of course)

E46 M3 CSL

E31 850i CSI

E63

E65 / E66

I admire your courage for standing out but think you're mad!

You get a pass for the E39 ;)

I probably should also mention the E36, not everyone's cup of tea, more of a niche interest BMW I suppose.

I've always like the M3 versions look that seemed to capture the essence of boxy 90s touring car made for the road. Somehow the E46 lost that look..

Although, in poverty spec with unpainted lower body panels the E36 range can also be bloody ugly - then again so can other base spec models.

I admire your courage for standing out but think you're mad!

You get a pass for the E39 ;)

+1! :wacko:

:lol:

I think the overall winner sounds like M cars...not many votes for normal models

I probably should also mention the E36, not everyone's cup of tea, more of a niche interest BMW I suppose.

The E36 was everyone's cup of tea, literally everyone brought one and has had one, like a german toyota camry, they are a good looking car in their own right and were well proportioned, as is the E46, both of witch i would rate as some of BMW's best work, its just they are everywhere. Megan Fox is nice to look at but if there were suddenly 500,000 Megan Foxes walking around we would probably get sick of her... well maybe after having a test drive first just to make sure.

I remember when the E36 come onto our market, I was not a huge fan, then when the M3 come out I was a massive fan, buy the early 2000's we had so many E36's that they lost their appeal again, I think the E36 will have its second wind as a lot of them die off and the good ones remain.

Same could be said for the E30 too I suppose, only I think the E30 was just a nice classic simple design and had a huge impact on me and many others as a youngster, I still admire a stock standard 318i driving down the road, its a cult car :ph34r:

Still trying to think of a third contender, thinking it would have to be 507.

So.

#1 E9

#2 E30

#3 507

^ That's a good way of looking at it Graham, I would have to agree with you.

I remember when the E36 come onto our market, I was not a huge fan, then when the M3 come out I was a massive fan, buy the early 2000's we had so many E36's that they lost their appeal again, I think the E36 will have its second wind as a lot of them die off and the good ones remain.

Same could be said for the E30 too I suppose, only I think the E30 was just a nice classic simple design and had a huge impact on me and many others as a youngster, I still admire a stock standard 318i driving down the road, its a cult car :ph34r:

It's around that time that NZ was flooded with poverty spec Jap imports, especailly E36s. Nothing worse than a two tone, 318i auto with cloth interior.

1) 2002tii

2) E36 M3

3) X5M - (E60 M5 Touring would have won if it had a third pedal)

For me its all about the old school..

1. E9CSI

post-15830-1369032550.jpg

2. 2002 2door

post-15830-1369032587.jpg

3. E3

post-15830-1369032563.jpg

I dislike most of the newer cars.....

I couldn't narrow it down to 3 but i think late 80's BMW's like E30, E34, E24 and E31 were some of the best for the most part, they had perfect blend between classic and modern while not being influenced by accountants and all have aged very well

Been noticing E46's and E39's are starting to become a lot more common now, i saw 3x E46 M3's yesterday.

Edited by Eagle

Old school for me...

1) 507 gorgeous lines and great performance for the time.

2) 328 - the 1930s model, not the E36

3) 3.0CSL Batmobile - so over the top it's great!

Honourable mention for the F06 Gran Coupe and F13 M6.

Much as I love the E30 M3, I cannot say it is beautiful, aggressive and purposeful yes, but not pretty to look at.

E24 M635csi

E31 850csi or 840ci sport

e39 M5

Bang on! Exactly what I think too.

There should be a poll for the cars, you vote 3 of your favourite (in no particular order)

1. E24 M6 with the staggered BBS style 5 split rims.

2. E39 M5 :rolleyes:

3. E60 M-spec - Although they were not received well when first released, they today still look incredibly modern, and are well proportioned.

3. E60 M-spec - Although they were not received well when first released, they today still look incredibly modern, and are well proportioned.

Yup, a motorsport optioned red/white/black E60 is a 4th in my book, I rekon they look more current now than what they did back 10 years ago!

Yup, a motorsport optioned red/white/black E60 is a 4th in my book, I rekon they look more current now than what they did back 10 years ago!

Yeah, it was such a controversial design when released, but now it has hit it's sweet spot - a bit like the e39 did a few years back. Now the e39 just looks dated and old. (Which I guess it is)

The e60 motorsport can look incredible with the right wheels and colour. Awesome design. Get that bulletproof V10 version and you are all set.