Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Bimmersport Number Plate Surrounds

A couple of years ago we made a bunch of number plate surrounds which make your standard NZ number plate look like an NZ euro plate and fill the gap on your euro car! They were so popular that they sold out after about 2 weeks.

Ashamedly I haven't since made another batch, and I keep getting hounded by people who want them! So finally I'm going to make another batch. This time they will be slightly different because prices have gone up significantly.

1. I will only be making one version (likely NZ stars)

2. The frames will be plain and not say bimmersport on them.

3. The price will be $45 per pair (free shipping)

I would like to hear expressions of interest from those who want a pair. If I get sufficient interest i'll open up for pre-orders and aim to be shipping them by the mid June.

Check out the original thread to See some photos etc

post-4-1368918926.jpg

This is the design which I am proposing. I think it's a cleaner look without the text on the frame and also having just silver/white stars means that it will suit more cars. "less is more" they say.

post-4-1368919195.jpg

• Like 1

I'd be keen for a set too.

Ollie, i can get as many as you (well, the people here) like of the blank europlate frames, and we can do a design along the bottom of those if there is a demand for them. I wouldnt mind running Bimmersport surrounds in theory, but i run genuine europlates on both my cars so i cant buy them.

something like this which i just knocked up now in 2 minutes. or similar etc

standardeuropeanplatemountingframe_zpse0

put me down for a pair thanks.

Maybe I've missed something but, if they don't have bimmersport on them, wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to buy these off trademe?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-parts-accessories/personalised-plates/auction-655887434.htm

Exactly what I was thinking.

Would be keen for a set if there was the bimmersport captions.

Is this going to go through? I'd be keen as well..

One on TM doesn't look as nice (at least on the photos provided...)

I want a pair please?? or if you can send me the design file I can have it printed by that guy on trademe who prints this stuff.

The photos link in the first post appears to be broken. Does any one have a photo of one of these bad boys in reality?

they arent too bad, i find them a bit tacky though personally. no way i would ever run them.

I get the feeling the owners here have completely lost interest in Bimmersport though, and in turn marketing it.

I have tried a few ideas with them over the past wee while, no acknowledgement whatsoever. a lot of the frequent members here have been screaming out for more marketing and whatnot, but ultimately we do not own the name or the Brand.

whether thats the case, i do not know. Can only offer what I do know.

they arent too bad, i find them a bit tacky though personally. no way i would ever run them.

I get the feeling the owners here have completely lost interest in Bimmersport though, and in turn marketing it.

I have tried a few ideas with them over the past wee while, no acknowledgement whatsoever. a lot of the frequent members here have been screaming out for more marketing and whatnot, but ultimately we do not own the name or the Brand.

whether thats the case, i do not know. Can only offer what I do know.

Forums come, forums die, we meet new people and we make contacts that live on for longer. I used to lurk this place for years and even before buying my 318i I was browsing, seemed more active back them but things like this change.

Honestly I may just run the euro plates if they look good / close enough, I mean I never (NEVER) get pulled over for anything, and I might want to run them. (Dont want to shell out $500 to print out euro plates. I feel most cops are also over it, its been 5 years since they were getting crazy with this. Anyway. I want everything you have to offer :D I will PM you.

Edited by MoJoJoe

I want everything you have to offer :D I will PM you.

after the offer of sharing women, im not so sure what the correct interpretation of everything is :blink:

• Like 1

This is the design which I am proposing. I think it's a cleaner look without the text on the frame and also having just silver/white stars means that it will suit more cars. "less is more" they say. attachicon.gifnz_star.jpg

Keen 2

Even though you necro'd a thread, this would be cool if they were available again

• Like 5