Sign in to follow this  
Arma

e39 rear sway bar upgrade?

While the parts were being fitted, noticed this donut thing (what's it called? Is it the prop-shaft coupling thing) starting to split/crack/damage (apparently common):

Posted Image

That would need replacing during next service advised by Glenn.

Drive shaft coupling I think and yes, pretty common after 100kms+. I got a brand new one for my 528i from Milland for about $80 delivered. Edited by jeffbebe

Drive shaft coupling I think and yes, pretty common after 100kms+. I got a brand new one for my 528i from Milland for about $80 delivered.

But I haven't reached 100k yet!

Sweet thanks. Hopefully it will last a bit longer until I do my next service. :)

ive got issues on my e39 feels like it rolls waay too much through corners, the shocks are good from what i can tell doing the bouce test its all nice and firm and not boucy...i realise its a bigger car as im used to an e30 but it is a motorsport it should be alot better than it is not too interested in changing the springs as thatll will sacrifice some of the comfort but it is already low enough in front from motorsport springs might look into tricking the sls if it has that just a bit to lower the rear slightly which is where all the roll is coming from

i got underneath and checked/looked at the sway links and bushes, all seems firm and in order nothing broken...i have been told the sway bar bushings go soft eventually so mmm upgrading these might be an option?? anyone upgraded theirs ?power flex? what are my options?thinking m5 bar might not be wortth the hassle but i cant stand body roll haha well at least to a point :P

P.S. I subsequently did Koni shocks, springs and sway bar upgrades on the E39 and it was even more impressive.

Suspension's on my to do list. The front drop links are on their way out so guessing that other suspension parts will follow soon. I've bought a cheapish pair of drop links to tide me over while I save up to replace the entire system with OE parts. Would you recommend doing shocks and springs at the same time? Saw one of the forum sponsors was doing a reasonable deal on Eibach sway bars but shocks and springs seem to be really expensive here. Mind if I ask if you sourced yours locally or overseas?

I bought a set of bilstein's in from the USA, and used them with m-tech 2 540i springs, the ride was horrible. ECS tuning had a 20% of koni sale, not sure if it's still going.