Sign in to follow this  
Shyam_e30

Redrilling wheels noob

Hey guys wondered if someone can give me some insight into redrilling wheels. Found a set of 4x108 and a 5x114.3. Is there anyone in auckland who can re drill it to fit my e30? How much would it be? Is it legal?

Edited by Shyam_e30

this has been discussed before so something should come up in a search.

but the key notes are, are they scalloped or flat backed? if scalloped, very hard to do correctly, and probably not legal in NZ anyways. if they are flat then should be okay, but you can't change from a 5 stud pattern to a 4 stud pattern without a lot of work.

basically... find wheels that fit where possible

What about wheel adaptors? Because I would want to get more poke as well so would run spacers

What about wheel adaptors? Because I would want to get more poke as well so would run spacers

thats a possibility but would require certification. from memory, to get a cert with spacers they must be bolt on type, must be hub centric, and must not alter stud count. but information on that will be on the LVVTA website, its too early in the morning for me to search for you, but you should find it

Do you mean you're looking at re-drilling wheels AND adding spacers afterwards?

Don't do that, it's a waste of money. If you're planning on adding spacers anyway, then use adaptors to convert the PCD.

Just make sure you get good ones that comply with the law (hubcentric etc, what Andy said).