Sign in to follow this  
*Glenn*

Ford Australia closing assembly plants

I doubt Paul has even seen anything French in Timaru let alone a French car, but to be fair I was surprised they even have the internet so anything is possible.

Hahahahahaha Great laugh thanks. Needed that.....

Have found the French stuff is much like the American stuff. Goes OK in a straight line but cant go around corners very well. Yes I have had some of the motoring pleasures that come from the land of frog legs and red wine.

No problems paul, I am a Ford fan like you, have had every generation of Falcon in the family since the early 80's, some were great, some were a nightmare, currently have a new Territory in the family and the latest gen's quality has improved some what.

The problem with both Ford and Holden is consistent quality, its very hit and miss, we have had some like the EL Fairmont that was bullet proof, and other's like the BF and XF that have been nothing short of sh*t, the XF was so bad they gave us a replacement car and the BF has had to have a full re spray and rust removal as well as leather replaced at less than 10000km.

As for French cars, you have it the wrong way around, they are slow in a straight line but handle very well in the corners and normally ride very well, probably why they don't sell them in America. Like the Falcon and Commodore and any other brand to an extent they have had hit and miss reliability on some models, I am on my second gen Megane now and to date we have had minimal problems, one window loom on the old one and one seat (German Recaro) replaced on the new one.

Was sad when they closed down the Ford plant in Wiri, this closure in Australia will be hard on the people of Geelong, its a huge factory, we went there a few years back, will be interesting to see how the closure effects that city.

Edited by apex

I suspect youll find most fords coming here after the Falcon is killed off will come out of the Thailand plant

Either way it's a shame. Ford verse Holden verse chev has given us years of fun in our family, Although I've been one eyed BMW for the last 25 years. Shame to see the aussie icon going.

Would own the european fords, Mondeos, Focus etc. but the Falcon, no no. The bosses Mondeo is a fantastic car for what it is. yes FWD auto and 2L but great quality. My Moms Falcon on the other hand roughly same age and milage, and its got rattles you name it. its the 4L I6 version.

That Ford Fusion, my understanding too is its going to be the next Mondeo, but i canceled my auto car supscription a few months back. Does anyone else see Aston Martin in there???