Sign in to follow this  
Beaubot

E36 323i intake swap results

hard to say without a dyno run but if its really bad it may be due to a vac leak if you didnt change the manifold gasket, not sure why you might be getting an ASC error.

for a road car anything less than 2.8l just go back to standard,

2.8l im 50/50 on opinion

racecar that sits at the top end, stick with it

Decat, new headers.

Has no one noticed that some have proven hp increases with the m50 manifold while others have proven results of a loss? These stats come up everywhere and everyone has their own opinion on whethet THEY like THEIR car more. Just because John smith had a loss doesn't mean Harry Smith will have a loss too OBVIOUSLY by the various results. Is there something that we all are missing here?

I've done the m50 swap on my 2.8L and I couldn't give a rats arse what others say, I know it goes better and I'm the only one I have to please.

So for all the tech heads that only crunch numbers then spit abuse to people for liking the change, maybe their just jealous they didn't get the result others have.

1995 328i obd1 (factory)

Jatco auto box

M50 manifold

K&N pod filter

3.46 diff (non lsd)

Decat and modified standard muffler

And mine goes way better than with the m52 manifold

So maybe its just luck of the draw lol.

• Like 1

Okay so sorry for coming in late and bumping a really old thread, but here's a dyno of my 325i.

Considering I put the M52 intake manifold on it, it seems only fitting to be added here.

tumblr_n9oe4mMfd91qffq0yo1_500.jpg

M50tub25

Getrag 5sp box

M52 intake manifold (gasp!)

Standard intake piping and airbox

M3 headers

3" straight pipe with gutted standard muffler.

3.64 Lsd

So gear ratio wise very similar to Brent's friends 328ti.

Looking for vacuum leaks today, and have booked a scan for next week. The exhaust is more of a make do until I can afford a proper two pipe setup, it came with the headers and I haven't had time or money to take it anywhere yet.

I can bring a scanner over this week when I come over if you want?

But that's not the case, as I have a M50 and have put a M52 manifold onto it, ie took the "less restrictive manifold" off and put on the "more restrictive manifold" with the aim being to increase low end torque. Call me out if that's not what you were meaning?

Your guess is as good as mine, I put down my model and what year it was correctly, so it must have been a mistake by the tester. Would this affect the results?