Sign in to follow this  
jeffbebe

Jaguar XF Sportbrake

I'm a wagon fan too, been waiting for Jag to drop something like this for ages. I see the Commy in it too. Looking through more pics though, I really like it inside and out!

I like it.

But it does have a generic Commodore / Ford Mondeo look to it... maybe a hint of Mazda 6 too.

Looks like a Commodore in the sense that it looks really nice?? They should make it look really f**ked instead, would be a bold and individual statement, has really worked for BMW. Bitch pleas.

Pricing looks O.K on this but feel its a bit late to the game, the XF is getting on in the years now and if I was dropping that sort of money on a car I would want something a bit fresher, the new E-Class is out soon and the current 5-Series is a generation ahead of this, even if these are 3-Series money in NZ.

Looks like a Commodore in the sense that it looks really nice?? They should make it look really f**ked instead, would be a bold and individual statement, has really worked for BMW. Bitch pleas.

Haha... In the sense that it doesn't stand out in a good or bad way... Just a bit ordinary, really.

Oh it stands out, its a great looking car in the flesh, best looking waggon I have seen since the old Alfa 159 TI!

The new Mazda 6 looks fantastic too though, possibly the best looking waggon in its size, and it stands out now but we know 34,070 sales reps will be driving them like tossers by the end of the year so they will fly incognito just like every other Mazda 6.. may as well be a Hiace.

XF-RS, now thats a nice thought.

Yeah, a fan.

Guess it's just proof the Commy wagon is a good looking car.

The new Mazda 6 looks fantastic too though, possibly the best looking waggon in its size, and it stands out now but we know 34,070 sales reps will be driving them like tossers by the end of the year so they will fly incognito just like every other Mazda 6.. may as well be a Hiace.

Haha! We've got a 2005 Mazda 6 wagon and it's a workhorse. Nothing's ever gone wrong. The new one photographs better than it looks in the flesh IMO. Looks a bit cheap close up.... But then, I suppose, they are pretty cheap.

Guess it's just proof the Commy wagon is a good looking car.

Fair point. The commy wagon is pretty tidy. The black grille on the XF wagon looks a lot better than the giant silver grilles they normally have.

A Commy wagon is not exactly in the same league though......every man and his dog has one of them!

Plus the Commy build quality/materials in comparison are terrible!

Would look better in a Silver or darker gunmetal I reckon

Edited by SimJen

The new VF Sport waggon addresses most of these problems, I think it may be a fair comparison with this XF, I bet the motoring mags do a direct comparison even.

Fully loaded VF Claise V8 out specks the Jag in every way and will cost half the price.

I am no Holden fan but have to admit the new VF is a fantastic value car, if they did a diesel I would even consider one!

Will be interesting to see if GM ever identify the growing diesel following here. Would make the VF a real alternative to the likes of the Mondeo etc as a good rep and family car.

As for the XF estate, it's only the third Jag I've ever REALLY wanted. The styling is really subdued until you have a good second look, really grows on ya though.

Want!

holden have been great value for money for a long time. The VZ had a few build quality issues, but Ford did no better with their BA. The VE is a fantastic looking car even though its what seven years old now? not a fan of the VF so much as the VE.

Never been a Jag fan, no matter how much you make it look sporty, its still a Jag, and the buyers wont use it.

What makes you say that andy? I know a few Jag owners and I would collectively call them hot rodders, they all drive quite fast, they do handel surprisingly well also!

You will always have the buyers who buy them because they are British and hate anything from the Nazi's or Nipps!

You will always have the buyers who buy them because they are British and hate anything from the Nazi's or Nipps!

and are happy to leave them to rest between outings, so they recover and hopefully go next time :lol:

I remember reading an article about a new model launch a few years abck (I believe it was the S-type) where they got up and spoke about how their well known reliability issues had been overcome, with the help of Ford ( :wacko: ).

I don't recall the exact numbers, but something like: Of the 10 cars that were there for the press, 2 never left, and only 5 came back..... :blink:

Have heard that they are still doing silly stuff, like holding launches for "RS" models at race tracks only to have the car's transmission overheat after three laps.. its meant to be the hard core race model??

Best I have seen was a video of the at the time Jaguar F1 driver trying to show off the 400BHP S-Type but eneded up rolling it with one of Autocars top journalists in the car!

Check it out! http://jalopnik.com/watch-an-f1-driver-cra...t-ins-510321386

What makes you say that andy? I know a few Jag owners and I would collectively call them hot rodders, they all drive quite fast, they do handel surprisingly well also!

I have never seen a Jaguar at more than 90km/h on the motorway, and mostly driven by grey haired people. Like a Rolls, or an S Class. might be fast on paper but never get used? maybe thier image has changed, but to me they will always be that i guess.

ooopss What happened to all the electronic gadgets were they switched off or just driver error ? :blink: I'm sure that it will all buff out :lol:

The wife had a gold x-type 2.5v6 for a while, lovely car, reliable as for us despite reports about them being unreliable.

Heaps of power Ford/Mazda V6 but with Jag heads for more grunt, a seamless 5 speed auto box and sublime inside, leather/wood.

Grew out of it once we had another kid though....

The new F-Type is the Jag to get though!

Posted Image