Sign in to follow this  
tarrbaby

Wheres Jack?

For those of you who don’t know me, my name is Andrew. I have been involved in the NZ car scene for at least the last ten years. I am one of the admin for SNZ and an active member of different car forums. Over the years I have organised and run multiple trackdays and other events. During this time I have built my own race car and had dealings with many companies as well as 100’s of forum members from different forums. I have never had an issue that couldn’t be resolved until recently and think its only fair to give a heads up so that others don’t have the same problem.

During my saga with Jack Kofoed I have run into no less than 5 other people who all have similar stories and some are still having issues.

It all started back in March with this thread

http://www.bimmersport.co.nz/forums/index....showtopic=43912

Jack was advertising hankook slicks for sale. After some negotiating I offered to pay $400 and Id organise shipping or $440 inc shipping. Jack agreed to the later and I deposited the money on March 21st with Jack saying he would get them sent asap.

On March 25 2013 Jack confirmed that he received the money via PM and said they were being sent asap.

On April 10th I still hadn’t seen any sign of the tyres. Jack PM’d me saying “Guys came and picked up the tires late last week so should be with you any time now. “

Come the 18th April there was still no sign of tyres and Jack had stopped replying to my PM’s.

April 24th rolled around and still nothing and no contact.

Being that I had no other way of contacting Jack, on May 1st I decided to send him a message through his facebook page as he was regularly active on there. He immediately responded apologising saying he didn’t have a computer for the last week and that the tyre shop messed up and sent the tyres back to him and not to me. He has since sent 6 tyres now (originally bought four) and they are on their way.

May 13th – still nothing. I asked for a tracking number and courier company as well as what date they were sent. No reply.

May 20th – Jack responds saying he has now sent 8??? And they will arrive 100% this week.

May 28th – still nothing. I asked for tracking number or receipt details again. Again – nothing.

May 29th “Hey bro, Was taking too long so I got them sent to Carters at the mount. So they will be there ready for pick up sometime this week. Cheersâ€

June 2nd “Hey bro, They should be at Carters at the Mt by Tuesday. Will confirm asapâ€

June 12th I phoned Carters Mount and they knew nothing about them. When I mentioned Jacks name they had no idea who he was either. I advised Jack of this and he responded saying “It's on a stock truck from Carters pukekohe. Will call my guy there tomorrowâ€

June 14th – I keep asking and nothing gets replied to.

June 25th – Jack blames Carters Pukekohe saying they know all about them and 8x should have been sent.

June 28th – I phone Carters again and same story, don’t have a clue about what im talking about. I tell Jack this and he acts surprised and says he might just have to drive them to me.

July 1st – no update and wont reply to my messages

July 5th – same as above

July 8th – obtain a cell number. Text and phone but no reply to either

July 9th – get a new cell number from his race page and email signature, still no reply to either texts or calls.

July 11th – I ask for an address so I can pick them up – still no reply.

I got hold of an email address and sent him an email from my work address (@police.govt.nz) and suddenly I get an immediate reply. Jack makes excuses that he didn’t get any alert on FB about the messages (even though he has posted on that page) Again Jack goes into detail about how Carters Pukekohe sponsor him and everytime he asks they have promised they are being sent on a stock truck to Tauranga for me to pick up. Says he will go down to the store tomorrow and see whats happening.

July 17th – I haven’t heard anything so I send another email.

July 19th – still no reply so I sent another email.

July 22nd – I decided to phone Carters Pukekohe and see what the story was. I spoke with the guy in charge of the race stuff and who has been dealing with Jack. He advises that although he has some of Jacks tyres there, Jack has never asked him to send them anywhere. In fact they haven’t had contact with Jack for some time since he owes Carters some money. I fill him in on my story and he isn’t surprised in the slightest, saying hes heard it all before. When I asked about them sponsoring Jack, they said they used to but that deal went sour and Jack owes them $$$$.

After a couple of phone calls, Carters and I have managed to sort something out but I am still yet to hear from Jack. Throughout the whole episode Jack continuously blamed everyone else even though he hadn’t made any steps to actually complete the transaction that we started back in March.

I think everyone will agree that Jack having my money since March 25th and then making no attempts to actually get the tyres sent to me is just not on. We don’t need people like this in our community and like I said right at the start, throughout this I have come across at least 5 others who have all had similar experiences with Jack.

Not wanting to get anything out of this but just wanting to warn others of my experience with Jack Kofoed.

Jack. Your burning bridges in a very small community.

Doesn't sound too good! :mellow:

Why did it jump to 8 tyres? Some sort of comp?

Hey Andrew,

Not getting into an online argument. All I will say is spoken to Carters and he did not say half the above.

I've PMd you my mobile. Same as in my email sig. Call me when you can. Never received any calls, voicemails or texts from you at all.

Or PM me yours and ill call you?

Brilliant, nice to finally see people coming forward regarding this.

Quick two cents: Jack Kofoed is single-handedly responsible for Vortex Racewear ceasing all individual driver sponsorships, which is really disappointing for a Company that genuinely enjoys getting in behind grass roots racing in New Zealand.

He also owes numerous people money, a number of whom to which I have personally referred. Same deal, no contact, no answering of emails or phone calls, and excuses for Africa.

"Young Jack" - in particular you might wanna call Johnny Broderick before the debt collectors rock up to Autoquip in the next few days.

Cheers.

I don't think publicly stating people's debts or owings is necessary or appropriate regardless of the situation.

Edited by Tristan

Hi

I have been directed here as someone who knew I would be interested in this.

I am involved in motorsport in New Zealand, and have been for quite a while generously supporting some of our young up and comers, and established names in the sport too.

"Young Jack" is the last person I would ever recommend to giving any sort of financial credit, or assistance too.

Not only does he owe one of my businesses money, but I can think of 5+ people in the industry that he owes money to or has burnt also.

Just putting a warning out there, and not going to mention names of companies, but have a think who it could be Jack.

To rub salt in the open wound, Jack continues to compete despite owing me and others money, and I would just like to warn any potential backers/helpers out there. I would hate for you to fall into the same trap as we have.

Might be a good idea to answer some of my calls and emails too Jack. The story in the first post here sounds very "Jack like"

Maybe a court order to get my money back might be what it takes to begin a dialogue with you again.

Its not so much the cost, just the principle.

Cheers

Please call me 021 1989 555.

Have had no missed calls. So please anyone who is after me. Call me right away and I will answer.

Edited by Young Jack

Never received any calls, voicemails or texts from you at all.

as per my original post, proof I text you on YOUR number on the date I said.

Posted Image

Im not trying to "state people's debts or owings" just wanting to warn other users so they dont get caught up in the same situation.

Hi all,

The tires with Andrew have been a disaster. I don't want to go into detail as it does involve a friend of mine who I have spoken to tonight and don't want to involve any further. I do want to say however, I have been contacting Carters over the last few months and do not owe them $.

Andrew if you can call me I would really appreciate a few minutes with you on the phone.

If anyone is wanting to get in contact with me. Please call me asap. I did have a phone number change early this year but if you haven't been able to get in contact with me, I am sorry. In no way was I ignoring anyone and will answer any calls, at any hour. Within reason.

021 1989 555 or jackkofoed@me.com

Thanks

Edited by Young Jack

Bit of a mess there Jack ?

Turning into one. Not bothering with replying or getting into a public debate. People with issues have my number and can contact me right away. So far no calls whatsoever. Edited by Young Jack

I love these types of threads, it's always the same story. Just different names. :rolleyes:

It seems very simple ... you have accepted money for the tires. You admit there is an issue with the tires and no delivery has taken place. You should refund the buyer as it is not your money to hold onto. End of story ...

Not bothering with replying or getting into a public debatHe. People with issues have my number and can contact me right away. So far no calls whatsoever.

Looks like its gone past that point Jack, if people you know are calling you out here like this I would suggest you be pro-active and call them.

I admire your enthusiasm for racing Jack, and you have done well to get as far as you have on the sniff of an oily rag, but it looks like its time to re-group and sort through these things now do you can get back on track in future. Its a VERY small community in NZ and you don't want to get a bad name (rightly or wrongly) at this stage in your career.

on the sniff of an oily rag,

or someone elses money? who knows, i dont know the whole story.

I wasnt going to post in here, but Ollie closed this thread a few days ago before Glenn and everyone after posted, why has it been reopened????

Im not standing up for Jack, and calling out debts and that sort of thing is okay as a final resort is okay it happens all the time (just look in the public notices of your news paper). But i dont think its appropriate for public debate on the matter??

If there is a debt of any kind, I strongly recommend the use of the Disputes Tribunal. I have been through it twice, once on each side of the room, and it always gets to the facts and is not costly at all. We are lucky to have this facility in New Zealand, so use it!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

I didn't reopen it. I only posted that it was a bit of a mess, of which I know nothing about, and I really don't want to know.

I'm not getting into a public debate. The tire episode was a mess. I don't agree with the final chapter of Andrews post. But that's over now.

It was closed. No idea why it got reopened twice now.

All I will say and have already. Anyone with issues can call me, but again. Not one call so far.

Edited by Young Jack

There is a very good chance that many here are enjoying see u copping a much deserved public pasting u little tosser.

I, for one, am pleased it has been left open

Andrew has paid for something he has not received therefore you are a thief... End of story

Edited by 1rotty

Unfortunately there are too many cases like this going around.

I have not had any dealings with Jack personally so cannot pass judgement...but have been burnt in the same way by another person in the NZ motor-sport fraternity early last year.

Jack - sounds like you need to resolve this ASAP and save face before it is too late...

Edited by efirty

Someone turn off the fan it's flying everywhere. bugger that internet aye can't get away with sh*t these days without it going viral.