Sign in to follow this  
roo

E34 ACS 540i

I sold my E36 (328) a few months ago and picked up this 540i. I had never realised the difference in quality and 'feel' between 3 & 5 series but they are miles apart. Everything feels more solid, rigid, comfortable and of course faster :)

Plans for it are tracking down some 18" AC Type II's or maybe M-Pars and lowering it a touch.

One question though, the car just came back from having a few bits touched up and now I'm getting tail lights, licence plate light and brake lights pop up on the check panel. All of these work though. Is there some wiring/sensors I should be checking? Common problem? Get's annoying as it takes up all the screen and can't display time/range info.

9361552663_a948981dc9_b.jpg

9364329578_1111da0ae4_b.jpg

9364329822_255c69cdaf_b.jpg

9361553397_127484462f_b.jpg

9364330660_e7fc747f49_b.jpg

Edited by roo
  • Like 2

ALthough I can't help with the check system, may I say what a fantastic looking car you have there.

While M-pars would undoubtedly look good on the right E34, the ACS trim options added to you car all suit each other and it is a great example of an original (aside from wind mirrors, i think?), top spec car which doesn't need changing. Keep it original!

unplug the headlight height adjuster motors , that should fix the problem.

nice car your have there

yea the e34 are well built and feel nice to drive.

enjoy :)

Great looking car! Any interior shots?

I think the current wheels suit it nicely, and a little drop should set them off.

I'm a big fan of teh V8 E34's and i have to say - Yours is gorgeous! Stick with teh Type 1's, they suit the car perfectly i think.

Thanks guys :)

The Type I's will stay forever, they are a little worse for wear though. Will have them refurbished.

That e34 looks gorgeous!

That's an awesome E34 you have there!

For the Lic Plate light warning I had that issue. Try cleaning all the contacts and ground points for the rear light bulbs and light units. I remember this helped my old E34, but then it eventually came back...

I forgot to mention also - for the check control errors relating to tail lights/licence plate etc, check the loom that traces the left rear boot hinge. It's a an area that the loom frequently flexes and has been known to crack and short as a result. Fixed the same errors on my first E34 by repairing that section of loom.

Spotted in Takapuna as you left this evening, looking and sounding great

Two sightings in one day! Haha. Thanks for the kind words.

Were you walking along the waterfront Nath? Saw a couple of guys take notice of me/it.

Yeah i was with a mate. Your car's a worthy counterpart to my Audi

Edited by nath

Any shots of the S6 on here?

Wasn't one of these e34 540i ACS's that holds the 24 hr NZ production car endurance record set in 96 ?

Nice example , Type ones suit it.

Nath - We should get together for some photos, my brother has a C36 AMG. Mid 90's sedan club!

What do other V8 owners get in regards to fuel economy?

I'm sitting around 14-15 l/100km.

What do other V8 owners get in regards to fuel economy?

I'm sitting around 14-15 l/100km.

Believable, my manual 5 cylinder S6 is on 12.9, with longest motorway runs over the bridge between Takapuna and city. Some boosting, mostly not.