Active Autowerk Race Front Mount Intercooler
Active Autowerk Bov kit
Active Autowerk Exhaust
BMS Oil Catch Can
BMS Dual Cone Intake
AR design downpipes
LUX Angel Eyes

Now when i bought the car, it was ex-uk
Pre-inspection of the car, 2 wheels had cracks in them. In 2 months, i have had 2 other cracks on the wheels ( and i haven't hit any potholes - my old e46 was lowered and on 19's so i know when i have "hit something" and saw that cracked BMW wheels seemed to be an issue with the UK BMW's, so decided to get rid of these POS wheels and get something decent

Ordered Vossen CV3 20inch wheels from Precsion Wheels
Ordered Michelin PSS tyres from tiretrack

I have been chatting to Ross@BMworkshop Botany about the mods and installation and sorted out all the bits would be installed there. Ross was a big help with my questions, his wealth of knowledge and previous work done to other 335i/135's gave me a lot of insight on what i should focus on and i knew the job would be done right

As its a 6AT 335i, had been reading about the new Alpina B3 flash for the TCU, had Ross flash my car - if you have a 6AT 335i - this flash is night and day to stock
WOW, car was a total different beast after the flash, if you like driving in D - might not be for you as it tries to quickly change to 6 as soon as possible - tho great for fuel saving economy :D. Sport mode a lot of fun - def noticed the change and when in M mode gear changes were crisp and fast
More info: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.p...ht=alpina+flash

So got the car on the dyno before the mods were installed
e40i.png
xx66.png

Bits arrived at BMworkshop Botany :
zbhj.jpg
wkia.jpg
oi68.jpg
n79s.jpg

Give you an idea, stock intercooler in the front, new intercooler at the back
7q76.jpg

So with the N54 engine, the intakes get clogged over time, so i decided this was the best time to get them cleaned out
Intakes current status:
vh0x.jpg
mysq.jpg

Intakes after being cleaned:
e10q.jpg

So last week i had the following bits installed
AA Intercooler
AA Bov Kit
BMS Dual Cone Intakes
BMS Oil Catch Can
Replaced all Spark Plugs

ahn0.jpg
73t3.jpg
p9dr.jpg
rmq2.jpg
8eqs.jpg
ta7z.jpg
h4w9.jpg
wioq.jpg
rixl.jpg
nczm.jpg
klhm.jpg
gd0m.jpg
fqqa.jpg
t6cy.jpg
s2e2.jpg
u39q.jpg
hup1.jpg

Next week I'll be getting the downpipes, exhaust, angel eyes and tune done on the car

Edited by mod335
  • Like 1

Very nice :o . The //M coloured kidney grill is so damn cool.

What aspect of the n54 causes the intakes to get like that?

Where's the picture showing the new wheels ^_^ !?

Seems to be a by-product of the direct engine fuction on the N54: http://blog.eastwood.com/eastwood-chatter/...-intake-valves/

and my car only has about 40K on it and was stock, and you saw how it was looking when it was opened up , with the BMS Oil Catch Can installed this will collect what would of been usually sitting/coating my intakes

Wheels have arrived in NZ from the US, still waiting on them to be delivered to Precision Wheels

Edited by jake

Nice work man, you get things going quickly!

Great mods. You`re certainly in good hands at BM Workshop with Ross and co.

So got the call this morning that the Vossen CV3 wheels had arrived, went there this morning to get them fitted on. Vossen CV3 wheels (20x9 fronts) (20x10.5 rears) on Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres (245/30/20 fronts) (285/25/20 rears)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

As i had been having issues with OEM wheels that came with car due to the cracks, i had decided to get some Vossen CV3 wheels as replacements. I got a quote from Precision Wheels for $3299 for the set of 4 mags. On the 21/06/2013 i paid the initial deposit $1649.50 and was advised it would take between 4-6weeks to arrive via Ship - it actually took them 8 weeks. I had already researched on getting the wheels online and best i found was $2200 US + $450 US shipping + 15% GST = $3850NZ and would be here in 2 weeks. So i turn up today at Precision wheels to get them fitted, get a phone call about 1hr later saying that their supplier couldn't confirm the price they quoted me now it would cost me $3950 instead of $3299 and its all at cost. Had a choice to get my deposit back after waiting 8 weeks or suck it up and eat the cost . Left me with a very bitter taste on this whole experience, i definitely wouldn't be recommending them or doing business with them again

Edited by jake
  • Like 1

If you have a written quote & paid a deposit I don't think they can vary the terms of the contract. I'm not a lawyer but I have doubts as to how legal that is. Just because someone f**ked up & it costs more isn't your problem... Maybe ask citizens advice bureau? Or alternatively, someone in the know may chime in.

Thanks guys, ya definitely loving the look those wheels make :D

Ya will need to look up the law about quotes etc

On a better note, ordered a new Front Lip and side splitters from JGMODS via kiwishipping.co.nz - be here probably next month some time

ARKYM MTECH front lip

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Carbon side splitters

Posted Image

Posted Image

• Like 1

Hey Mate, The car is looking great. I do apologies for the extra cost involved, this was also a shock to us to, our price came in from our supplier at alot more than it should have been. I called my Lawyer to discuss this, as my supplier wasnt going to come to the party i was advised to tell you that we are happy to refund your money in full and give you the option of the new price. As stated we have done the wheels at our cost price with no margin in it at all. I do Apologies for this and am happy to discuss with you further if you would like, you can contact me by email at zach@precisionwheels.co.nz or flick me a call.

Talk soon, hope you are happy with the look of the car, this will be a game changer for cars in NZ.

Thanks

As i had been having issues with OEM wheels that came with car due to the cracks, i had decided to get some Vossen CV3 wheels as replacements. I got a quote from Precision Wheels for $3299 for the set of 4 mags. On the 21/06/2013 i paid the initial deposit $1649.50 and was advised it would take between 4-6weeks to arrive via Ship - it actually took them 8 weeks. I had already researched on getting the wheels online and best i found was $2200 US + $450 US shipping + 15% GST = $3850NZ and would be here in 2 weeks. So i turn up today at Precision wheels to get them fitted, get a phone call about 1hr later saying that their supplier couldn't confirm the price they quoted me now it would cost me $3950 instead of $3299 and its all at cost. Had a choice to get my deposit back after waiting 8 weeks or suck it up and eat the cost . Left me with a very bitter taste on this whole experience, i definitely wouldn't be recommending them or doing business with them again.

Saw this at precision autowerk on Monday. Looks good. Like the m spec painted grills a lot!

Saw a few build threads in the US forums with the m spec paint grills, digged the look they gave! :D

Was at precision autowerk getting the insurance job done on the rear bumper ( one of the other tenants hit my car at the work carpark :( and i needed a new rear bumper) - so while the Car was there i got the cut & polish and duraseal application done to the paintwork of the car, car was looking mint after that!

What was involved with the carbon cleaning approx cost. Do they use walnut shells like the states?

What was involved with the carbon cleaning approx cost. Do they use walnut shells like the states?

At minimum of 1/2 days worth of work and was quoted $500+GST, i believe so - will double check with Ross

Wow car is looking great, some quality mods there.

Are yo going to do a follow up dyno run and custom tune? Will make some good power no doubt.

How is traction with that open diff, can you floor it off the line and out of corers without massive amounts of expensive Michelin pouring out one side?

Wow car is looking great, some quality mods there.

Are yo going to do a follow up dyno run and custom tune? Will make some good power no doubt.

How is traction with that open diff, can you floor it off the line and out of corers without massive amounts of expensive Michelin pouring out one side?

cheers, its getting there! :D

The final bits arrived yesterday at BMWorkshop (exhaust etc) - car's booked in for Monday to get the final parts installed (downpipes, exhaust) and then Gavin@Hi-Velocity will get the car tuned - be interesting to see how much additional HP can be added, the Michelin from the limited testing i did, held up very well and my DTC wasn't coming on as much with the old wheels/tyres, but that's kind of the next part i am looking at is a LSD for the car

Quaife do one specifically for your car. Would be my first port of call on any BMW without one fitted OEM

FYI

Quaife do one specifically for your car. Would be my first port of call on any BMW without one fitted OEM

FYI

Ya, there's a few for the 335i, wavetrack, OS Giken - need to read some reviews etc

Jake, did you have to pay much duty to get the parts in? and how hard was it to get the downpipes installed? What was the cost for install?

I always factored in the GST duty when i was buying the goods from overseas, but in reality it was really hit and miss with paying GST

as bits were ordered from different vendors and shipped in over a period of 2 months

eg when the intercooler and bov kit was shipped from Active Autowerk (over 2K US with shipping) it wasn't picked up and sailed through custom

Exhaust, tyres - were picked up and paid duty

it seems all the small packages didn't get picked up

from my chat with Ross, the downpipes are quite tricky to install on the RHD models - haven't had them installed yet so can't give you a figure - and with the way the project is going - multiple items are getting done at the same time - best bet would be to call Ross and get a quote-was waiting on my wavetrack LSD and DEFIV Differential Lock-Down winging his way down and them all done at the same time, hopefully be here by the end of this week

DEFIV Differential Lockdown

Wavetrac LSD

Edited by jake

Thanks Jake, will call Ross. how much research did you do on downpipes and intake? I see yours are 3" all the way through. why'd you choose these over all the others?

Also not heard much about BOV kit for 335. Why do you need this? ...and why from ActiveW?

Also why the BMS Oil Catch Can? ...sorry mate so many questions!

Thanks Jake, will call Ross. how much research did you do on downpipes and intake? I see yours are 3" all the way through. why'd you choose these over all the others?

Also not heard much about BOV kit for 335. Why do you need this? ...and why from ActiveW?

Also why the BMS Oil Catch Can? ...sorry mate so many questions!

Ha ha, no probs - i was over in US last year and my cousin has a highly modded 335i - and after riding around in a modded 335i (AA intercooler, AA BOV, AR downpipes, AA exhaust,RB turbo's, Procede, Meth kit etc etc) - was pretty set to pick one up this year when i was replacing my e46. So basically chatting to my cousin about the mods he had done and reading forums ( pretty big n54 modding community in the states) e90post, Bimmerboost - i had a general list of items

AR from what i read/reviews from a quality and fitment and i liked how you could optionally ceramic coat the pipes - plus the vendor i was getting my BMS products ordered from was having a sale on the AR - picked them up for $600 versus the normal $800+ they usually go for

Have read the factory DV's have had issues(leaking, factory charge pipe's coming off, protect from compressor surge) once you start running higher boost on your turbo's and i like the sound of the Bov :D -

The BMS oil catch can is highly recommended with the n54 engine - intake valves get coated/gunked up and lowers performance - if you look up on this thread, there is a picture of what my intake valves were looking like before i had them cleaned, the oil catch can is to stop that coating my intake valves

thanks Jake...that US car must have been wicked. Any dyno figures?

Might try and get a deal on the AR DP - what site did you get it from? did you get the large O2 bung?

I've just bought the Cobb AccessPort V3 - so will be interesting to see how their maps go. Will run Stage 1 + FMIC aggressive to start with...get it dyno'd then add the AR downpipes and then re-map to stage 2 spec. Should be starting to get enough power at that stage! :)

thanks Jake...that US car must have been wicked. Any dyno figures?

Might try and get a deal on the AR DP - what site did you get it from? did you get the large O2 bung?

I've just bought the Cobb AccessPort V3 - so will be interesting to see how their maps go. Will run Stage 1 + FMIC aggressive to start with...get it dyno'd then add the AR downpipes and then re-map to stage 2 spec. Should be starting to get enough power at that stage! :)

That car was so dam quick, it was making around 420-440HP when i was there last year, he is currently getting the e85 flex fuel conversion kit installed - seen on the forums people making over 530HP with similar setup's on e85

Didn't know you could get the large 02 bung ( wasn't a option when i ordered) -

http://www.n54tuning.com/ was having a sale on the AR downpipes when i bought it ( doesn't look like they're having one now), another thread to watch for specials : http://www.e90post.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=204

Would be good to compare what dyno figures you're getting with Cobb - Ross was going to get my car dyno'd with the OFT Stage1 Map on my car (running FMIC, Bov, DCI), and then compare once the downpipes/exhaust are done

Edited by jake