Sign in to follow this  
Cab

Rowan's E30 Vert aka The Blueprincess

They're actually 16x8 and 16x10. I was told the fronts were 16x9 before I got them shipped. I'm glad they are only 8" cos I don't like front poke. I'm a fan of huge rear dish and small front dish. Looks way better imo. Each to their own I guess :)

I bought these wheels as is, just unfurbished. I can source 2.5" for you if you want.

Edited by Cab

They're actually 16x8 and 16x10. I was told the fronts were 16x9 before I got them shipped. I'm glad they are only 8" cos I don't like front poke. I'm a fan of huge rear dish and small front dish. Looks way better imo. Each to their own I guess :)

I bought these wheels as is, just unfurbished. I can source 2.5" for you if you want.

Where do you get ur 2.5"?

I know quite a few of the BBS crowd, a lot have spare lips laying around after upgrading to bigger sizes etc.

Ahhh my neck!

Looks f**kin cool though, this is gonna be a sweet car for summer!

Looking forward to better pics

Ahhh my neck!

Looks f**kin cool though, this is gonna be a sweet car for summer!

Looking forward to better pics

Haha yeah I have no idea why they got turned to the side. When you view them in full size it corrects it. Will have new pics this weekend

Looks the biz. Favourite e30 on here!

Inspiration to get mine sorted

Your convertible is by far my fave in nz :)

Thanks for the kind words yo

Nice! Are you getting much tyre rub in the rear?

I think you should lower the front just a little bit more B)

Hardout. I need to find out which springs go lowest in the front. So far Vogtland 4 cylinder looks the way to go. I would go coilovers but they're illegal in e30's now (even after you weld them you still cant get cert), and im not converting to e36 setup.

Yeah i get the tiniest amount of rub around corners. Guards have been rolled. It will go away once it wears a bit of the tyre away :)

So yeah if anybody knows the best (lowest) spring setup for fronts let me know. If i cut my fronts I'll be on the bumpstop so I'm not going there.. And i've already cut half my bumpstop out.

Cheers

I would go coilovers but they're illegal in e30's now (even after you weld them you still cant get cert), and im not converting to e36 setup.

anymore info on this? or reasoning behind it?

Get h&r springs in front 60mm drop im selling a complete cup kit but im sure u can source the fronts cheap

Nah I have H&R's in my touring they are about the same as what is in there now, if not a tad higher. Vogtlands go about the same. You can't get much lower without going coilovers before running out of spring / shock travel.

I'll most likely leave it anyway to be honest. It doesnt look like an off the shelf spring will suss the situation. It's not bad as it is and I'll live with it.

Its quite funny cause when you look at photos it doesnt seem that low but if someone stands next to the car in a photo, the top of the door is at thigh height.. gotta love having no roof or pillars.. quite deceiving :ph34r:

Are your shocks shortened atm? H&R 6cyl race springs are just captive, and Jamex Superlows are around 3cm shorter, and "softer" iirc, might be worth a look.

Getting a professionally weld is cheap and easy to do. I wouldn't just go make the blanket statement that its illegal in e30s now. I got my adjustment perch welded for about $20. If you keep your certifier updated a long the way EG take the struts down to them to show the welds and receipt from the weld shop before its painted, there is no issue. Its the same for roll cages or modification of steering column parts.

You could just cut them down?..... Not saying that its a good idea, but it will solve your "lows" problem...

Na I cant even do that because if I go any lower it's gonna be riding on the bump stops. I'll just leave it I think I don't really care that much haha.

Na I cant even do that because if I go any lower it's gonna be riding on the bump stops. I'll just leave it I think I don't really care that much haha.

Remove the bump stops bro.... jk haha i reckon i looks mint as it is tbh..

why not get the springs compressed? only problem then will be captivness, obviously were notworrying about making the handling OEM+ here :ph34r:

the other problem with lowing e30's (ive found in my experiance of lowering only 1) is the bloody wheel arch heights are different so the front always "looks" higher. annoys me greatly

why not get the springs compressed? only problem then will be captivness, obviously were notworrying about making the handling OEM+ here :ph34r:

the other problem with lowing e30's (ive found in my experiance of lowering only 1) is the bloody wheel arch heights are different so the front always "looks" higher. annoys me greatly

I like that, because you can give it some rake for an aggressive stance while still maintaining similar wheel gaps.

Personally I think if you're going to do anything further (in terms of lowering) at some stage you should get some coilovers. I love being able to fine tune the suspension height and shock stiffness to just the way I like it.

Oh, and I think that improving the handling should still be a goal because it just makes driving it that much more fun!

Edit: Just saw you've already said you're happy with it how it is so just enjoy it bro! Looks mint

Edited by sascha

I'm sure i'll survive :)

Edited by Cab