Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

E92 M3 Progress Thread

They are a rather cleaver design, but are just slightly too quiet, though I think removing the X pipe up front with straight tube would help change it so it's louder/more rumbly.

I nearly used an E92 m3 muffler on my E36, but stuck with the RS4 ones and regrettably sold it for a loss. Might give another one a try if Hans has some old ones lying around latter on.

+1 wet weather video drive by!!

They are a rather cleaver design, but are just slightly too quiet, though I think removing the X pipe up front with straight tube would help change it so it's louder/more rumbly.

I nearly used an E92 m3 muffler on my E36, but stuck with the RS4 ones and regrettably sold it for a loss. Might give another one a try if Hans has some old ones lying around latter on.

+1 wet weather video drive by!!

Driftwake has one for sale. He commented earlier in the thread.

Will do a vid today. Hopefully.

Edited by Tristan

Hehe will try make a video today... Weather not so flash!

It's sunny in Ponsonby, mate.... Always is, that's why house prices are so high.

That's awesome Tristan! Please put an Akrapovic exhaust on it!!

I would end up single. :rolleyes:

I've since had the spark plugs replaced by Ray (thanks!)

Ray also scanned the car with no issues coming up which is nice!

I have some big changes coming up too!

I bought a full stock E92 exhaust and intake system.

I took the tips off the exhaust. Degreased them and polished them up nicely.

nflob7.jpg

Not really sure what I'm going to do with them... I was considering painting them black but don't think it'll look very good on Silverstone II.
I was bored and it gave me something to do on a Sunday afternoon! :)

I bought the OEM exhaust in case I ever want to change back to stock (cheaper and easier than rewelding the pipes in stock configuration).

The plenum I have plans for! Not sure how well it'll turn out or when I'll get round to doing it but it's in my mind.

10e1ldj.jpg

to this... ?

ivzmmc.png

• Like 1

Awww mate - that's me sold!! Red!! :wub: Silver one above, without the black around the outside of it, looks a bit over done or something I think - or it doesn't stand out enough - dunno, just doesn't 'look right' - hard to explain, haha.

Not quite finished yet. Need to add black detailing ... But quite liking this :)

Primed and engine enamel applied.

xg9uvd.jpg

If nothign else it was a bit've fun!

That's looking pretty funky!

the edges of the red come up clean ?

The lines a pretty clean. It's got a few little over sprays but will try to deal with that.

What do you mean, Michael?

This red was the only engine enamel colour other than black :)

Did you sand the bit you painted first to get the texture out? Paint will look (and probably stick) better if you have and gives it nice clear definition from the black.

Heh like this, Matt finish slightly darker hue.. although the texture is hard to achieve.

epcp_1003_06_o%2B2009_ferrari_f430%2Beng

Did you sand the bit you painted first to get the texture out? Paint will look (and probably stick) better if you have and gives it nice clear definition from the black.

Didn't specifically sand the texture out. What I did was apply sandable primer. This fills in the texture, and then sanded that down a bit. It is smooth now.

Heh like this, Matt finish slightly darker hue.. although the texture is hard to achieve.

Ah, that's what I thought you were referring to. Yup it's a great colour, didn't occur to me to try find it.. Red was sort've spur of the moment! Regardless, I'm happy with what I've got!

Spent the better part of last night masking .... Tedious but rewarding!

I bought gloss black engine enamel last night so that's what I'll be using the for the rest of the top of the plenum.

34s5ok0.jpg

2lufgab.jpg

34rzuzd.jpg

that's some masterfull taping right there.

I bet that took freakin ages! lols.

that's some masterfull taping right there.

I bet that took freakin ages! lols.

9:30pm - 1am :mellow:

Beautiful work!.

Achieving the ferrari matt colour is a true challenge, as you will have to get the "cast" look from the paint alone. we have tried to use a matt silver sprayed at a 1.5x recommended distance so you would get a little orange peel. only then you use the red enamel. achieved the "cast metal effect" after 4-5 tins of paint. (using auto enamel, not spray paint.)

Beautiful work!.

Achieving the ferrari matt colour is a true challenge, as you will have to get the "cast" look from the paint alone. we have tried to use a matt silver sprayed at a 1.5x recommended distance so you would get a little orange peel. only then you use the red enamel. achieved the "cast metal effect" after 4-5 tins of paint. (using auto enamel, not spray paint.)

Interesting. I've no experience with any actual paints or spray guns ... This really started out purely as a time-filler project. It's certainly served its purpose.

I can't imagine that 4-5 tins of paint would be cheap!