Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

E92 M3 Progress Thread

Heh like this, Matt finish slightly darker hue.. although the texture is hard to achieve.

epcp_1003_06_o%2B2009_ferrari_f430%2Beng

You can do this with manifold paint from repco. Same texture and everything :)

• Like 1

You can do this with manifold paint from repco. Same texture and everything :)

Great to know for the future, thanks!

^^ thats the one. We had to do a mock up of a pump from plastic tubing, so we started with a smooth surface, if you already have texture, it is far easier.

Well, here it is.. Probably 3/4 done now.

35hk4ef.jpg

I'm going to do another coat of red because there are a few spots where I can't primed it as well and it lifted with the tape a little bit (small specks but still looks rough)

Thanks Juggernaut

I'm thinking I may try to find a matte clear coat that can hold the temp. It's soo damn glossy at the moment. Looking forward to putting it in and adding some colour to the engine bay :)

No more muffled V8... :)

2v9djdv.jpg

I've never really undrestood this mod to be honest .... If you look at the science behind it you've just made a free flow system with a well calculated Helmholtz chamber and pipe length/size obsolete and probably induced unwanted exhaust pulses back into the system and ruined any kadenacy effect that was built into it.

Personally I prefer this style of painted plenum ...

5959348560_b0ee0cf8bf_b.jpg

Edited by M3_Power

Yup I like that plenum as well but it goes well beyond my DIY ability lol.

I suppose I could strip what I've done, go over the whole thing in white and see a signwriter for a heat-proof M colour vinyl?

With regard to the exhaust mod, Evolve concluded (interweb knowledge right?) that the straight through method doesn't affect performance in any way based on their testing. In any case, I like the sound, and I have a stock exhaust if I ever need/want to go back to OEM.

Edited by Tristan

With regard to the exhaust mod, Evolve concluded (interweb knowledge right?) that the straight through method doesn't affect performance in any way based on their testing. In any case, I like the sound, and I have a stock exhaust if I ever need/want to go back to OEM.

Ive seen a genuine 20 wkw on a e92 with just rear box chopped off

That manifold looks awesome!! Nice work :)

Bought some carbon mirror covers from Leebske yesterday which I fitted today. Pretty happy with the outcome and for the price I couldn't refuse.

a44bo0.jpg

This photo was just a photoshop of deleted vents and headlight washers. Looks better without the washers I think.. The vents was just for a laugh.

oaw0ev.jpg

List of upcoming updates:

Michelin Pilot Super Sports
New brake pads front/rear

F10 M5 Illuminated Shift Knob

Royal Purple Synchromax Manual Transmission fluid

Differential Fluid

Power steering fluid

• Like 1

I thought those little round bits were the parking sensors - today I learned...!

Love the mirror covers!

I thought those little round bits were the parking sensors - today I learned...!

Love the mirror covers!

Thanks.

Front/rear pads, sensors, F10 gear knob have arrived now. Just need the tires which I'll be picking up soon. I think Tirerack is closed for Xmas so I'm picking them up from American Tire Depot instead. Can't wait to come home...

• Like 1

In the interim between now and buying the LCI tail light retrofit I decided to tint the "white" part red to modernise (IMO) the back of the car.

I'm happy with the results :)

Note: right hand side looks a bit scuffed up - I hadn't peeled off the film on the outside of the tint (forgot) so that's why it doesn't appear clear.

6rlrx5.jpg

Edited by Tristan
  • Like 2

Looks much better IMO but is illegal. If you get in an accident, etc it would void your insurance (if you were unable to remove the tint film prior to inspection). Will also fail a WOF if they notice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol - so legal as far as red indicators are allowed but illegal as there is something over the light? Should have read closer. No worries. Will just upgrade to LCI -.-

Edited by Tristan

Lol - so legal as far as red indicators are allowed but illegal as there is something over the light? Should have read closer. No worries. Will just upgrade to LCI -.-

Exactly. Smoked/red indicators are fine as long as they came like that from the factory.

Thanks to Seth @ Carfolie for wrapping my bonnet vents and front kidneys in gloss black.

opzn8j.jpg
1zdqb1f.jpg

They look good. Didn't fancy trying yourself? Shouldn't be too hard with decent 3M wrap.