Sign in to follow this  
_ethrty-Andy_

Andy's Calypsot E30 Convertible

Picked up this Calypsot E30 Vert

1274819_10200438990399491_539908132_o.jp
1262871_10200438990879503_1647383316_o.j
1269587_10200438990319489_1804522359_o.j
1149206_10200438990519494_2124860359_o.j

This is how i picked it up, except only addition i have done is put an iS lip on it so far, and changed the timingbelt/waterpump/tensioner etc. This car is really low kms, belt was last changed less than 5000kms ago but a long time ago. Still looked new though.

have a few plans, but i have never seen an E30 in this condition before, so i wont be molesting it too much, will only be things that are reversible. Even has all 3 original pins for the under dash panel, which is sitting up correctly without the gap they all have, fan works on all numbers etc

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

f**k YOU! :wub: One of my dream car's, in my favorite colour ...... Very Jealous

Please keep the mod's 'tastefull' :lol:

PS. Good buy looks like a minter

Beautiful. Nice work Andy, very jealous.

awsome , now go fit a V12 into it :)

great to see some of these grandma held onto it for ages cars coming into the community. There are very few around these days in such condition. The race series and skidz brigade have pretty much wiped out the breed in NZ.

Great to see another E30 'vert go to a good home, still such a cool car.

Glad to hear you're happy with the purchase, roll on summer to get to enjoy it lots!

Thanks for comments guys :D

yes first day of spring today, washed it down, nice to get up close with the lines of an E30 again.

out with the roof down hmm still a bit cold at the moment. heater works well on full tit though :lol: went through a checkpoint, the cop told me i was mad ha

very happy with it though. I want to manual convert it, but did buy it as a bit of an investment, do you guys think it will loose value if i do that (because it wont be 100% original anymore) or think it would increase in value? Personally, and on any other E30, a manual would definately increase value, not so sure on this one though

Great to be piloting an E30 with some balls again!

I would change to Manual, if you document the swap you can always use that to put potential buyers at ease.

only reason people should be worried is if they think you have done a crap job.

Dont underestimate the ease of auto when your doing 5kph in the sun along the waterfront.

Thanks for comments guys :D

yes first day of spring today, washed it down, nice to get up close with the lines of an E30 again.

out with the roof down hmm still a bit cold at the moment. heater works well on full tit though :lol: went through a checkpoint, the cop told me i was mad ha

very happy with it though. I want to manual convert it, but did buy it as a bit of an investment, do you guys think it will loose value if i do that (because it wont be 100% original anymore) or think it would increase in value? Personally, and on any other E30, a manual would definately increase value, not so sure on this one though

Great to be piloting an E30 with some balls again!

I'd give you more for it if it was manual :)

I was begging the mrs to buy this one when I saw it on trademe so we could have two verts at home :( looks so mint.

As a manual it would be worth more as an investment but I dont think it would make a huge difference as long as it's still in mint condition.

Edited by Cab

Badass, same colour as my old one... wish I still had it, mine was a PFL though.

I was begging the mrs to buy this one when I saw it on trademe so we could have two verts at home :( looks so mint.

As a manual it would be worth more as an investment but I dont think it would make a huge difference as long as it's still in mint condition.

You missed out! :P

i was first to view it apparently

Badass, same colour as my old one... wish I still had it, mine was a PFL though.

interesting, this is calypso red, like my other car. i will admit i thought it was yours to start with till i find your build thread! before i went up to look!

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

Wow mint car andy!!

love the colour my alltime fave e30 colour!!

H&r cupkit would look amazing on this car with the weaves ;) its a reversable mod too :P

Great buying - is the interior as mint as the exterior (more photos?)

Yes it is, its got tartan sport seats (recaros...) with the rear bucket seats that these and the M3 has, all original and like new. Uncracked dash board, genuine BMW dash cover, etc

Wow mint car andy!!

love the colour my alltime fave e30 colour!!

H&r cupkit would look amazing on this car with the weaves ;) its a reversable mod too :P

Have some ebaich springs and bilstein sport shocks for it, will get the bilsteins rebuilt before they go in, must get on to that actually, anyone recommend where to get them rebuilt?

So a wee bit of an update particularly for those that didnt see it at the Tui Brewery Run. Also a lot of discussion by the vert owners wanting to see what a tech1 looks like on an e30 vert, so here you go

• Finally my ETHRTY personalised plates are back on an E30 ha.
  • Repainted and put on new boot lid, used to be on Flakes black E30. In the process
  • Deleted high-stop brake light
  • Deleted 325i model number
  • Added Tech1 wing on the back.

IMG_0789_zps52801bf6.jpg

IMG_0790_zps128f06c4.jpg

Havent got around to lowering the car yet, also have a few other goodies for it to go on at some stage. I move house in about 5 weeks, so will all happen after that

Edit: thoughts on the 325i badge delete? im thinking about putting it back on, what do you guys think?

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_