Sign in to follow this  
polley

An E28 called princess

The radiator got slammed into it when I hit the gate. Posted Image

The dizzy showed no external damage. So not sure how it happened

• Like 1

You have no idea of Princess' rangi as history.. google Panguru, its where she lived for quite a while.. not surprised at all with the seat mount with all the cuzzies she's hauled round over the Panguru goat track roads.. I think we got her airborne a few times in the paddock.. she was one of the best..

• Like 1

google Panguru,

Haha... we go out there for work - The guy we visit has an electric gate on his garden fence, so horses don't wander off the road, climb over it and eat his garden :lol:

It's a long way from anywhere.

• Like 1

Haha... we go out there for work - The guy we visit has an electric gate on his garden fence, so horses don't wander off the road, climb over it and eat his garden :lol:

It's a long way from anywhere.

I'm not even going to ask what you do for work,, it has to be 1 of 2 things if you head to Panguru for work..

I can't think of a better use for princess.. hook some bloody headlights up.. its probably had many a drunken race home from the pub at 1am, with no headlights on driving on the wrong side of the road up in the far north, with 15 drunk hori's in the front, back, boot, roof and still survived.. Polley has his first drive and crashes through a gate hahaha. Top work polley enjoy seeing your progress.

Edited by melowpuf
  • Like 1

I'm not even going to ask what you do for work,, it has to be 1 of 2 things if you head to Panguru for work..

I can't think of a better use for princess.. hook some bloody headlights up.. its probably had many a drunken race home from the pub at 1am, with no headlights on driving on the wrong side of the road up in the far north, with 15 drunk hori's in the front, back, boot, roof and still survived.. Polley has his first drive and crashes through a gate hahaha. Top work polley enjoy seeing your progress.

just put 1 and 2 together, came to four then revised, but have figured out this was the E28 that was in your driveway for a few years?

oh princess.

Nah... prolly not one of them :lol:.

(I have to be very careful about what I say, when it relates to work though.)

I service medical equipment... Genuine, actual, legal, medical equipment, nothing "medicinal" ;) There is a patient in the area with some gear. He's a nice guy too. Always researching stuff and trying things, or making something. Interesting to talk to as well...

The gear, and our work van would probably buy a couple of houses out there!

Posted Image

Some quick repairs after unloading from the trailer and smashing the belt tensioner off - all because I was too lazy to use ramps and thought it would be sweet..

One thing after the other at the moment..

I can't think of a better use for princess.. hook some bloody headlights up.

Posted Image

Done.. :)

• Like 2

Sounds a bit lazy as its stuck in 3rd gear / trans is in limp mode. Still spins the wheels well enough though

Sounds a bit lazy as its stuck in 3rd gear / trans is in limp mode. Still spins the wheels well enough though

Quite possibly New Zealands finest paddock basher! :) Win!

I had issues with my M60 V8 auto box being stuck in 3rd gear. Turned out to be 1 broken wire in the ecu plug, obviously caused by all the wiggling/fitting of the looms into the e30. Took me about a year to find it! Bstrd !!!! :o

I had issues with my M60 V8 auto box being stuck in 3rd gear. Turned out to be 1 broken wire in the ecu plug, obviously caused by all the wiggling/fitting of the looms into the e30. Took me about a year to find it! Bstrd !!!! :o

A year!? I threw the TCU out after 3 days!

I couldn't be f**ked as I couldn't find any wiring diagrams that matched my tcu and forgot what year car I had pillaged it from. So I threw the TCU out and wired in this switch that operates the valve body directly... Works mint :)

Just need to add a switch for torque converter lock up. Its only used for burnouts and paddock bashing. It'll prob get a th400 later if this gearbox let's go.

cbf6051ab2180677318f6ce3df975269.jpg

Edited by polley

I like it :) , manual gear switching wins

Love the way the 'zorsts blow the smoke away from the screen.. :D

awesome , you might need some new rear brake discs and pads eh :)

Alright, princess is for sale, I dont have room or time for her anymore as other projects have taken priority, I would of liked to have super charged her but I just don't have the time.

She makes a good paddock basher or skid car, or maybe a daily driver for your partner.

Comes without the LSD diff, but I can throw in a welded diff thats in pieces, just needs a new input bearing.

Has leather electric, heated E39 seats. good for winter paddock bashing.

If you're interested, PM me.

Edited by polley
  • Like 1

Posted Image

Looking for around 1500. Mounts and driveshaft etc all good if someone was wanting to do a conversion

• Like 1

A friend alerted me to princess on the TV the other week. :ph34r:

20pczk4.jpg

• Like 1