Sign in to follow this  
bmw335i

Hampton downs slide session

Hi guys,Took the e30 out to hamptons today to take part in the solid slide sessions for the first time.Was a good day to test the skills and see how old beastie handles legally.My slack mate didn't take any pics or vids of me.But here's one pic of my car lolhttps://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.5...2747&type=1Did anyone go down?Cheers.

I've been in the past, is where I took my E30 as well but did it out at Meremere instead. Feels weird being the only euro amongst all the jappas haha.

Usually go in my mates R32 but he's been busy getting it certed so haven't been able to make it out recently.

Yeah they have another one at mere mere in October that I'm going to also,

I liked being the only euro out there. A good change to all the skylines and Silvia's.

The 3.5 goes well. No need to over rev it or anything like that.

I always found myself wanting to be in slightly higher than 2nd in the 2.5 as I was coming through the corners. But it could hold itself on the spot foot down with no brakes without a problem haha. Another half of the problem is that I'm not and don't claim to be a remotely good drifter, was more just to give it a go.

My mate on the other hand, would be doing at least 100+km/h down the meremere straight snaking the whole way lock to lock.

The photographer still managed to get some awesome photos of me haha.

Haha yea it's going to be interesting at mere mere lol.

The photographer got afew good ones of me. U should come to the October session. Show these jappa's what's what.

Yeah they have another one at mere mere in October that I'm going to also,

I liked being the only euro out there. A good change to all the skylines and Silvia's.

The 3.5 goes well. No need to over rev it or anything like that.

Do you have a link to the info on this one in October? Is this like a gymkhana?

Cheers

Here's the facebook event, then you just book on their website.

https://www.facebook.com/events/197070257140992/

Not a gymkhana though, is just a drift day.

This is the closest to a decent video I managed to get from my runs haha,

always put too much power down coming in and would end up like this, which is why I ended up spinning the clutch. . .

got another couple GoPro videos which I haven't gotten round to putting up yet, one of which includes me spinning the wheels down the straight in 4th (it was wet though)

Ive paid for the 12th so this will be my first event in my compact rally car. Im keen to see how my hydraulic handbrake works but Im going to be pretty sh*t! haha. Ill try and find you and say hi.

Looking forward to it!

Sounds good, I'm abit scared of the walls lol but I guess we will see how it goes. And yes do come over and say hi, can't be too hard to find the only other BMW there.