Sign in to follow this  
2052NV

OMG another E30.... nooo way!

Hi peoples. My names Robert. Been into euro's forever. I have spent all my car owning effort on Peugeot's (well one Peugeot to be exact). Im a regular on www.fastfrogs.co.nz

Have always liked E30's and this one came up for a decent price so thought why not as it looked pretty nice and is mechanically sound as a swatch.

Its a 1986 325i (not motorsport :( ), 2 door, lsd, standard dash cracks and OEM as fark engine bay.

Has had a respray at some stage to the darker colour and the body kit put on. Does anyone recognise the body kit or is it a no name Chinese kit?

Wheels are fake but look nice. Real BBS's would have been to good to be true haha

got heaps of questions to ask about the car as i don't know much about these things, except that you really need to be careful going around roundabouts in the wet :ph34r:

I have not done anything except give it a wash so far brought it as it stands... oh besides getting rid of the yuk repco mats, momo gearknob and added the magic smelly tree

Dont have many plans for it as i like it the way it is

I want to get one of those "eye brow" trims above the headlamps are they hard to get?

Slam it more

get rid of tow bar

do skids (on the hamptons skid pad only of course)

So when is the next social meet?

here is a couple pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and the poojo

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by robhasae30
  • Like 1

Mi16 Engine? I bet that goes well!

Nice PUG, they are amazing to drive when it gets tight and twisty.

Welcome, and the e30 looks tits! A little bit more low and will be amazing! Also, don't put eyebrows on

Dude that E30 looks sweet! Deffinately a good find. No idea what the kit is though... Maybe Zender either way it's 80's as f**k and I like it. Welcome aboard!

Cheers fullas, Yea the 205 is rocking MI16 goodness just got it going again after runing a big end around hamptons bloody big ass sweeper last year :banghead: , now armed with accusump and ready to go again!

What year were e30's first made 86 is pretty early no?? and what year did they facelift them?

They were first made in 1982. I think NZ got them in 1983/4 and they kept the same shape like your one until 1988 when they were face lifted

• Like 1

e30 looks awesome. I wouldn't change much at all except to lose the towbar :lol:

Love those wheels on the e30. Looks fantastic.

Thought I recognized the Porsche basement.

Looks nice. Like you said, I think lower it more especially in the front, and change the steering wheel :P dope spoiler.

yup tow bar is going its just going to leave a gaping hole in my rear bumper :angry:

And i forgot to mention mine is NZ new, does that count for much in E30 land?

Welcome Rob, Peugeot looks mint, bet its fast as.

Good garage you have there, two of the best 80's classics.

Awesome cars. That kit on the e30 is dope! I used to have a 205gti, super fun cars eh.

Im 80% sure thats a Zender body kit?? but i havent seen one in real life so not 100%

not one of the common ones anyways

Welcome to Bimmersport dude!

IMO one of the best looking e30's i have seen, mods you said would be perfect for this car!

cheers guys i will be keeping you guys updated and asking heaps of nagging questions.

When is the next meet? Do you guys do a regular pub thing or something?

also what goes wrong with these?

Should i be worried about taking it around taupo track at the start of october.... thinking oil starvation problems etc? (205 with MI16 have really bad oil starvation issues)

I will be doing cambelt, setting tappets oil change etc either this weekend or next weekend

Edited by robhasae30

cheers guys i will be keeping you guys updated and asking heaps of nagging questions.

When is the next meet? Do you guys do a regular pub thing or something?

also what goes wrong with these?

Should i be worried about taking it around taupo track at the start of october.... thinking oil starvation problems etc? (205 with MI16 have really bad oil starvation issues)

I will be doing cambelt, setting tappets oil change etc either this weekend or next weekend

as long as there is evidence car is up to date on maintenance you should be fine.

recommend putting in some race brake fluid and checking condtion of the pads though, if you intend racing it. E30s have pretty sub-par brakes at the best of times

Its not a true e30 if you don't have sh*t brakes.

Thats a nice E30 alright.

The Pub meetings seem to have died out but its not hard to get a few people together for a meet in Auckland.

If you're worried bout starving the engine it's not too hard to pull the sump out..Add baffles and you'll be sweet.

now armed with accusump and ready to go again!

Good idea, where did you source yours? I've been thinking about getting one too.

Its not a true e30 if you don't have sh*t brakes.

new semi ceramic pads from repco :wub:

The Pub meetings seem to have died out ...

They have never died out ... we still meet every second Thursday up in browns bay .. Think I've only missed 5 pub meets in the last 7 years they have been running.