Sign in to follow this  
efirty

Anyone have any experience with these?

It could easily give that gain in horsepower - but only from the increased RPM limit. 325is pull hard right up to the rev limiter, so haven't reached the drop off point for torque.

What would be of more interest would be the torque figures, really would be looking for more mid-range pull rather than top-end Hp for more useable performance increase.

If they can give you a dyno sheet showing the results and changes to torque curve then it might be worth investing in.

I had a superchip one from the UK in my tech one before the engine upgrade.

Gus who has a light weight tech2 with cams and lightened flywheel 280,000ks and myself with just the chip and 360,000ks had a straight line race once. His car would normally spank stock 325 engined cars. But with mine it was even.

It all depends if you trust the tuner who's done the chip. Superchips is a pretty trusted brand chip so I know they were as good as you could get without going to a dynoshop.

Maybe find out more about the kamakuza brand stuff first. It is your car remember.

Yeah, I think I put that in? I ordered it from the UK. It was cheap. I think it made a worthwhile difference, didn't seem to cause any issues. If only for the raised limiter it was good. But I am a 'pod filter believer' so...

Why not try get one from overseas that has proven results? (however that's probably a copy right?)

Do it

Yeah, I think I put that in? I ordered it from the UK. It was cheap. I think it made a worthwhile difference, didn't seem to cause any issues. If only for the raised limiter it was good. But I am a 'pod filter believer' so...

yeah you did ... Well it worked quite well. Had driven other 325 e30s and none of them felt as strong. I quite regularly took on stock turbo cars with no issue in those younger years :D