Sign in to follow this  
mackt

Dension Gateway Lite BT

Just installed this into the new car.

Pretty straightforward.

Plug and play at the back of the headunit.

Only hiccup was having to disconnect the CD changer in the boot before the headunit could find the Gateway.

Primary using BT for streaming from iPhone.

I decided to mount it in the centre console so I can plug a USB stick in I want to listen to MP3 and also use the charger cable for my iphone if I need to.

Posted Image

Untitled by dentpix, on Flickr

Posted Image

Untitled by dentpix, on Flickr

• Like 1

how's the sound quality when your phone is blue-toothed into the Dension, through the faccy stereo?

I understand the CD change still works with the Dension connected?

Interested in your thoughts now you've been running it a while.

cheers

I have the Pro BT in my Audi. I get to keep and choose between CD as well as MP3.

The quality between plug and buetooth is the same.

I personally believe that the Dension audio quality when compared to the CD/Radio is slightly worse, but quite acceptable.

I removed and disabled the Phone hands free feature on mine as the mic/voice quality was not that flash. My Blueant is better.

It was also a pain how you had to have the Dension selected on the radio first, prior to hands free use.

Just went ahead and ordered the Grom BT kit from the US. I wonder how they compare.

Got my Grom unit and installed it today. Using the kit that goes behind the radio (actually end up tucking it behind the climate control,not enough space behind the radio, but hey that works just as well)

Mic mounts just to the right side of the gauge cluster, seems like a good spot. Can mount it elsewhere but it's fairly simple to route the cable behind the cluster.

Working well so far. Had a few issues until I complete disconnected the CD changer (which is not functional after installing the Grom unit anyway so may as well take it out).

Edited by Matth5