Sign in to follow this  
Guest Andrew

Body Prep.

Guest Andrew

I'm looking to get my car resprayed the same color. Basically what I want to know is what is involved in prepping the car, obviously I want to do it myself.

What kind of price am I looking at to get the car painted the same color? (not nessarcerily the BMW color "Henna Red" which probably costs $$$ but something that matches it.)

Anyone recommend some good Auckland shops to go check out?

the panel guys i use and have known for years are judd and charles opposite northshore toyota, they do a real good job at a good cash price. never go to north shore autopainters on barrys point rd cos they f**ken suck as does their panelbeater.

heh we went today (andy and i)

he looked at my car.....

3000+ for a respray

1200+ to fix the prob areas and match paint (fade)

Yeah..3k...and thats with you doing some of the work yourself?

EEEKK

Aucks pirces are so harsh!

and red....man thats like tghe worst colour for sun fade...pigment gets hammered in the harsh UV.

pitty your not in hammy..could do you a deal <_<

as for whats involved.. striping every possible attachment you can

and depending on you original paint quality you can either give it a light scratch up with some fine sandpaper(just to get the gloss off and have something for the new paint to stick to)..

or bare metal strip and prime/paint .

like if your happy with your body work and just want a fresh look it wont be too much of a biggie..its when you have to do rust/dents etc that time gets burnt.

In case you didnt know im a panelbeater(i prefer automotive rehabilitation tech') :lol:

Guest Andrew

thats a price with them doing the prep.. he said he wouldn't be able to offer any guaruntee on his work if we did the prep.

ahh body work.. a good way to give your mates a pay check,,, damn.

send your ride to hamz where its cheaper, or even tokaroa i know a guy who got a sweeeet respray down there for 1k!!.. i mean that aint even hookups!

its not really dents or scratches, the last guys given it a new clearcoat and its crap as!!! started peeling etc, im unsure what to do in the way of prep, i might look into hamilton, u guys only like an 1hr and 1/2 away!!!

Guest Andrew

damn .. you did some good work!

.. Hey we can pop down and see you on the 26/27/28 weekend.. we heading down to snow. Is that sweet?

sh*t just look how my car was when i got it.

tight rimz yo!.. man your ride looked badass before you went and ... fixed it :lol: