Sign in to follow this  
325_driver

0-100 kmh times ?

so guys

0 - 100 times, just lately ive been having mates in their stupid skylines ( turbo'd of course ) bragging on how 0 -100 in 7 seconds seems to be the most amazing time ever. i drive a E30 325i manual and get given a bit of sh*t for having suposably a SLOW BMW ... as all bmw's are slow right guys ? ( standard comment from stupid jap car drivers dont worry people ) any way i went out there in my 325 and did some times. so please can i have some feed back on your times ? and what car, no jap car times alloud. My times were averaging arround 4 - 5 seconds, tending towards the 4 second range and no i wasnt going down a hill, it was slightly up. do i have an abnormal car ? or do 325i really kick ass, ? cause i see in performance car magazines evo's and race skylines that have trouble doing 0 - 100's in that time ? :rambo:

let me know

cheers

Very new bimmers do it in 4-5 seconds. That is extremely fast. McClaren f1 is 3sec - I don't beleive your e30 did it anywhere near that fast.

i'd be checking either you speedo or your stopwatch. If you do indeed go that fast, then there is something very good with your engine.

I think that you may be dreaming. 4- 5 seconds is in the supercar realm, not E30 325i times.

Cheers

Grant

Guest Andrew

bullshit

Your E30 will do it in around 7.5 seconds. If that.

E30 325s are NOT FAST CARS.

Mine does it in ~5s and has 2x the power of a stock 325, go figure...

any way i went out there in my 325 and did some times. so please can i have some feed back on your times ? and what car, no jap car times alloud. My times were averaging arround 4 - 5 seconds, tending towards the 4 second range and no i wasnt going down a hill, it was slightly up.

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!

man thats some sweet bullshit if ever i read it.

man you just made my day!

2.5 e30s are quick, not fast.

Dude if you have been in a car that does low 5s, you'd know about it.

Most people who go in a 4-5 second car for the first time say one of two things:

"sh*t!" or

"f**k!"

oh maybe "Jeees!"

An e34 M5 3.8 does it in 4.5, e39 M% in 4.4...

I'm guessing your fiqures might be optimistic.......

Source:http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/paris_2004/0411_m5/

BMW M5 Timeline:

First Generation, 1984-87

286-hp inline six

0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds

Total production: 2200 units

Second Generation, 1988-95

315-hp inline six

0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds

Total production: 12,000 units

Third Generation, 1998-2003

400-hp V-8

0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds

Total production: 20,000-plus units

Fourth Generation, 2005 debut

(on sale in U.S. fall 2005, estimated price $85,000) 500-hp V-10

0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds

Total production: Time will tell

Anyway... Uncles Evo 9 MR chops along at 4.4ish seconds to 100.... F'ing things got a launch control that holds the revs in neutral at 5500!

If you've got a 325i as fast as an Evo 9, please let me know whats been done to it.

Low 8's high 7's is a realistic figure for a 325i.

Tip: You can pull on most GTS-T's in 1st gear then back off and claim victory!

6.85s for the 540.

I'm with everyone else. You have been on something while testing your E30.

Looking at the owners handbooks that came with both my 325's,

they say 8.3 for the manual & 9.8 for the auto.

I have timed the SE at 8.1 with a power chip fitted, but using a stop watch & the

speedo is not very accurate.

Have not tried the lighter M325 yet.

Na Bro, 4-5 seconds is easy as.

All you need is one of those fighter plane launches on the air craft carriers. :lol:

I haved to agree, I think your stopwatch or speedo must be out!!

I was happy with a 7 sec 0-100km in my car which has a 2.8 engine with a claimed 210bhp!!

If you want to back up your claims you better run the quarter mile and then impress us with your printed time.

Let him dream... Hmmm might try tomorro night getting on the motoway in my m325, will let you guys know. ;)

4-5 secs .. HAHAH .. funniest thing i heard today ..

old mans 4.4 V8 does it in between 5-6secs, and i can guarantee your 325 is not faster than the old's 745i.

Mines slow around 8-9 secs, not ment to be fast it's just a really nice car to drive imo.

I'm guessing your fiqures might be optimistic.......

Source:http://www.automobilemag.com/auto_shows/paris_2004/0411_m5/

BMW M5 Timeline:

First Generation, 1984-87

286-hp inline six

0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds

Total production: 2200 units

Second Generation, 1988-95

315-hp inline six

0-60 mph in 6.3 seconds

Total production: 12,000 units

Third Generation, 1998-2003

400-hp V-8

0-60 mph in 5.3 seconds

Total production: 20,000-plus units

Fourth Generation, 2005 debut

(on sale in U.S. fall 2005, estimated price $85,000) 500-hp V-10

0-60 mph in 4.7 seconds

Total production: Time will tell

Your right about most of that, (I typed a 4 instead of 5 :blush: ) but those stats are for the US spec cars. They never got the later 3.8L e34 due to emission standards. It was almost as quick a the e39 M5...

No link, but I have it written in front of me in a Total BMW mag B)

maybe down baldwin street (NZ's steepest street)~!!

according to my owners manual mine does 6.7 seconds. so i doubt a 2.5 would do better than that.

Maybe you have a supercharger that you just never new about.

yeh i figured im gonna get some sh*t checked out cause thats what i thought no i wasnt bullshitting i was just trying to figure out whether 1 i had an abnormal car ? 2 clock is wrong or 3 ma speedo is f@@cked im still looking thru sh*t cause i would really like to know what its 0 - 100 time is as my friends skyline gts25t does 0 - 100 in 6 ish and i can beat that so some thing doesnt add up i will let u know cause im intrigued ? trust me guys im as lost / :S / this guys all sh*t as u all are ... lol, might get it dynod some where that might do it

see ya

2 clock is wrong or 3 ma speedo is f@@cked im still looking thru sh*t cause i would really like to know what its 0 - 100 time is as my friends skyline gts25t does 0 - 100 in 6 ish and i can beat that so some thing doesnt add up

did you check your head ?

yeh i figured im gonna get some sh*t checked out cause thats what i thought no i wasnt bullshitting i was just trying to figure out whether 1 i had an abnormal car ? 2 clock is wrong or 3 ma speedo is f@@cked im still looking thru sh*t cause i would really like to know what its 0 - 100 time is as my friends skyline gts25t does 0 - 100 in 6 ish and i can beat that so some thing doesnt add up i will let u know cause im intrigued ? trust me guys im as lost / :S / this guys all sh*t as u all are ... lol, might get it dynod some where that might do it

see ya

ur friend in the gts25t must not be able to drive ... hahah

due to bullshit brothers. this is locked.