Sign in to follow this  
Jamez

How to get around the new Forum

As of 22/09/2013 we have moved Bimmersport to a new platform of IPB.

As you can see from the homepage its all different.

post-3670-0-83662500-1379809596_thumb.pn

We have

• News - This is an overview of the Gallery and Recent Articles/Post's/Status Updates.
    • Forums
    • Gallery
    • Calendar
    • Store

Below I will show you some new tips and tricks with the new fourm:

Attaching images to posts - To do this you need to goto "More Reply Options" and select "Choose Files", once you have uploaded the file you that then click on "Add to Post" - When you do this it should output somthing like

[attachment=43754:1.png]
    Youtube Video's can now be added to posts, just put youtube tags either side like this:
    [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddyn1SNl2nM[/youtube]
    There is also a quick way to view posts in the thread, just click the icon as per below to expand topics (next to the replies/view count):

post-3670-0-98761400-1379810359_thumb.pn

On the top right you will see the option "View New Content", it is from this page you can customize what content you want to see:

post-3670-0-30706400-1379811125_thumb.pn

Personal messages now take a thread form and there are many other minor changes.

We now also have a mobile theme.
  • Like 1

why (or is it me) do we get strange fonts etc

22 SEPTEMBER 11 am Scorch - O – Rama(old chocolate fish café) 497 Karaka Bay Road

Thanks to all involved, looks really good and what a great improvement on functionality. Hats off....and RIP 'old blue' :bowdown:

It does look cool. I guess everyone will find it a bit weird until it's become familiar.

Two things I noticed:

- When I click "new content" on the home page, it say "no new content", then I click again and the new stuff appears. Not major, just weird.

- Also can't see all the smilies, which was the same before... is that just me??? (at home and work though). They just show the words.

It does look cool. I guess everyone will find it a bit weird until it's become familiar.

Two things I noticed:

- When I click "new content" on the home page, it say "no new content", then I click again and the new stuff appears. Not major, just weird.

- Also can't see all the smilies, which was the same before... is that just me??? (at home and work though). They just show the words.

I discovered the solution yesterday, you need to click forums on the top first, just like the old website (we all did it so it was second nature i guess probably didnt even know we did.

Thought it couldnt be right no-one posted for a whole day, might be new but its not that scary :P

I discovered the solution yesterday, you need to click forums on the top first, just like the old website (we all did it so it was second nature i guess probably didnt even know we did.

Thought it couldnt be right no-one posted for a whole day, might be new but its not that scary :P

Works at home now anyway.... will set work bookmark to the forums page B) Cheers.

I thought the site was still down because I had bimmersport.co.nz/forum bookmarked at home and work.. Was thinking this is taking ages... Wonder if I was the only one surely not lol

How come when you click view new content it says no, as in it says there is none to view even if I haven't been on the site in a few days?

Make sure Forum is ticked etc...

post-2618-0-77936500-1380731262.jpg

i tried to add an event to the calendar but it didnt seem to work,the lower north island meet ..

ok it may be allright i didnt notice that it needs to be"moderated?.There will be an extra event now :ph34r:

Edited by kiwi535

I must say, I'm really liking the new format after using it for a while! Good job guys.

Sorry team...I don`t know how to start a new thread. I`ve just got back home from a very enjoyable day out which started with a breakfast watching the replay of the AB`S game against the Bokkies..I just hopped onto Tardme and had a look at the Porsches for sale ( I always do..) Could interested forum users have a look at the 924s for sale ? ( I can`t post a link). THERE REALLY ARE SOME FUNNY PEOPLE AROUND...and I just run an E39...oh well,,

I thought the site was still down because I had bimmersport.co.nz/forum bookmarked at home and work.. Was thinking this is taking ages... Wonder if I was the only one surely not lol

Same with me but it would come up with Error 403

liking the new site and software

So far have tried

XP Windows PC running IE

Andriod on CarPC

Windows 7 PC running IE

Blackberry torch running 5x

Blackberry Playbook os V2

Ipad 3 running 6.x

Iphone 5 running 6.x safari

Windows Surface running 8.1 RT version and IE

Just realised that I have too many gadgets , but the new site looks good on all. Well done

These are all good just running standard browsers