Sign in to follow this  
bravo

Re-powering an e30

Not in the UK oooooorrrrr United Kingdom.

What does some minimum wage BMW slave know anyway?

Anyway its not different. m325i or 325i sport are just 325i with a kit, LSD, no chrome, sport seats, lower suspension, 15" wheels and some other minor stuff.

Sorry dude you are wrong on this one.

Ok. i think you need to put your P pipe down mate, first of all

"Anyway its not different. m325i or 325i sport are just 325i with a kit, LSD, no chrome, sport seats, lower suspension, 15" wheels and some other minor stuff".

Did i say anything to the contrary?? that was exactlt my point in the first place!!

Second

"What does some minimum wage BMW slave know anyway?"

About BMW's?? a F**K load more than you do mate!! What makes you an expert?? what, your mates got one?? what do you do for a living?? work for McDonlds?? or let me guess Petrolium transfer technician?? Either way, i know i'm right, pull your head out mate, you might see some sunshine!!

Not in the UK oooooorrrrr United Kingdom.

What does some minimum wage BMW slave know anyway?

Anyway its not different. m325i or 325i sport are just 325i with a kit, LSD, no chrome, sport seats, lower suspension, 15" wheels and some other minor stuff.

Sorry dude you are wrong on this one.

At the risk of being wrong also, the answer I have heard is that in the UK the M badge was often supplied with the car, but normally un-attached in the glovebox - left at the owners discretion. Some dealers apparently slapped them on before sale.

Go to the E30zone and do a search - should be able to find some quite amusing debates about whether the 325 sport deserves an M badge or not.

Its great how people think that their opinion is fact.

f**ktards.

Sorry, what?? phoned?? oh, you mean owned?? haha

Sorry sunshine, no i havn't,

From your experience with dealers?? and what would that be?? going into one in the weekend and pretending you know whats wrong with your car and getting laughed out of the building doesn't constitute experience.

So your trying to tell me that you know more about BMW's than people who have been working for/on them for 15 - 20 years?? righto!! :lol: :banghead: :banghead: :finger:

Why did i make that point?? because andrew said it was only a NZ marketing thing and was no different to a 325i.

I know a couple of people who were working for BMW in the UK in the late eighties, and yes they were badged M325i :rambo:

The facts are in the UK they are known as 325i sport.

In New Zealand they were marketed as m325i.

Since there were thousands and thousands of these cars sold in the UK surely if you Google m325i you will get heaps of UK results eh?

going into one in the weekend and pretending you know whats wrong with your car and getting laughed out of the building doesn't constitute experience.

sounds like you know what this is like?

Anyway you should post up some pics of your M325is. Sounds great.

Guest Andrew

Why did i make that point?? because andrew said it was only a NZ marketing thing and was no different to a 325i.

I did not - I said the "M" was a NZ marketing thing in terms of the fact that they did not use it overseas.

I still think "M"325 is a dumb name - which is why I argue the point.

Anyway - continue.

What about the labour difference for the installs.

Assume you get the whole thing done, no DIY.

Install m50?

Install m20?

Install (insert JDM motor)?

bro your looking at about say 4500 to drop tha motor and gearbox in...AND thats not including electrics bro.plus engine mounts on top of that.best to strip the internals out.get the car fabricated for engine mounts etc.then go back and get the new motor dropped in.my dad owns a workshop...i have done something similar.i dropped and ET NISSAN PULSAR 1300 TURBO ENGINE into my 1982 mini clubman.rips up noww!!had to get a new turbo was seized,and chop the fire wall back.you can never jus guess, you will come across many problems as you go..it is a long process.but worth.ive also got a vw bug which we dropped a v8 into.rear wheel drive and put a ute tray on.so its 2 door wit phatt wheels on the back....trust me.theres more to think about....its jus labour that will cost you sh*t loads.once you round up parts and have calculated rite.you should be alrite bro.

post-5-1134949776.jpg