Sign in to follow this  
DRIFDN

E30 fuel pump upgrade

Hey can anyone give me a part number on a fuel pump that will fit into my e30? I'm currently fitting a Sr20DET into my e30 and there's no way the 318 pumps going to cut the mustard. Iv been searching through trade me and all the pumps on there are to suit Nissan etc. has anyone tried making these work with the factory cradle or is there a better option?

Hey can anyone give me a part number on a fuel pump that will fit into my e30? I'm currently fitting a Sr20DET into my e30 and there's no way the 318 pumps going to cut the mustard. Iv been searching through trade me and all the pumps on there are to suit Nissan etc. has anyone tried making these work with the factory cradle or is there a better option?

biggest problem is the very little hole for the pump in the tank, i was going to fit bosch intank, but it didn't fit. I'd say something along the lines of walbro or deatschwerk should fit though.

I used the walbro 255 high pressure or whatever it is previously, fits in the standard cradle with little modification. Theres a couple of different setups in E30's though.

Some have a single intank high pressure pump which runs the whole deal, or others (mostly 318 I believe) run the two pump setup. A low pressure lift pump in the tank feeding a high pressure external pump.

Either way, im running the 318 two pump setup with a M50 running 13psi boost, the fuel system keeps up fine - not sure it would have much more left in it though.

Ive used a couple of these in 325i's no problem. The fit to the standard bracket with minimal work.

http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=134070

TRE340 rated 255 LPH

Have a few new spares still in boxes for $100 ea plus postage.

Do you still have any of these left? I'm looking for one for my e30 325i 1991.
Tried to PM but it said you can't receive messages.
Cheers
Richard