Sign in to follow this  
fhall

BMW E30 IS LIP

I'm after an IS lip for one of my E30's. Does anyone have one for sale? Or know where you can get one? I remember someone saying on here that someone in hamilton I think made them.....?

Cheers

You can get the fibreglass ones from here for 70 dollars. You can get a plastic good quality one for about 180-200 imported from states. Or you can buy genuine for 280-300. I sold my last one but can help you source if need be

I'm after an IS lip for one of my E30's. Does anyone have one for sale? Or know where you can get one? I remember someone saying on here that someone in hamilton I think made them.....?

Cheers

Bmrmad is the member that makes them, got mine today. Havent unwrapped yet

I can recommend him too. Bought one a while ago for my old e30 for a good price.

not sure if my fiberglass one came from Hans originally, but good quality if it is, cant tell it apart once installed

You can get the fibreglass ones from here for 70 dollars. You can get a plastic good quality one for about 180-200 imported from states. Or you can buy genuine for 280-300. I sold my last one but can help you source if need be

I can recommend him too. Bought one a while ago for my old e30 for a good price.

not sure if my fiberglass one came from Hans originally, but good quality if it is, cant tell it apart once installed

Thanks guys, I will get hold of him and buy one!

Here's mine from Hans, with zip-tie engineering. Needs some trimming to fit but not too bad for the price

10619192004_196bcc8a49_c.jpg

Edited by YU4562

How do these $70 fiberglass ones attach? Do they fit into the standard clips?

yes, you will just need to trim the tabs a bit (from the mold i assume), basically make it look like the factory thin lip, and it will then clip right on, mine it on there very snug which is good. no need to ziptie on if you valance isn't bent and/or clips missing

Lip on and looking smooth. Ended up buying two as I got one for the old mans E30 as well. post-17840-0-70444200-1383731625_thumb.jCheers Hans. Would definitely recommend.

Is anyone running this fibreglass lip on a reasonably low e30? if so does the fibreglass cope with scraping? or does it shatter or crack? Just curious!

My lip has been through a fair share of hits/scrapes and a few times its come off. but it still is solid with minor cracks. Also, I've cable tied it on, so its better when u go and hitit, the cable tied give out before the actual tabs break. And its more easier to put it back on

Mines taken a few hits and still holding together nicely, i have cable tied it on which break before the lip does

Anyone have hans details

His user names 'bmrmad' try PM him

• Like 1

they are fiberglass, they are always going to break sooner or later. If your car is really low, might be economically better for you to buy a genuine plastic one, at least they bend etc

But as long as its only you that drives the car, and you use your brain when driving eg, going up and more importantly down curbs on an angle, dont drive all the way forward in a carpark with those beams on the ground etc, you will be fine. I have never knocked my second one off.

Mine was fine, I did smash it off pulling out of a mates driveway but thats only a mistake you make once haha. Would recommend

How did everyone get theirs on? re cut the mouldings so it can fit the clips? or another way?

If you want to use the clips you have to trim the tabs of cheers.

• Like 1

How did everyone get theirs on? re cut the mouldings so it can fit the clips? or another way?

I just grind the tabs back and it works sweet.

• Like 1

yup thats what i did. also had to modify the second one as the curve wasnt quite right, the first one i got was perfect

its just the reality of playing with fiberglass

Edited by _Ethrty-Andy_

yup thats what i did. also had to modify the second one as the curve wasnt quite right, the first one i got was perfect

its just the reality of playing with fiberglass

Yup I also had the same thing happen with my second one. I had it on and was going to fix it but the tall gutters in the angled parking got to it first. You only make that mistake once haha