Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

1994 540iS SPECIAL

Nice car, with some nice bits installed. A tad over priced imo. Given that the 540is is nothing special in terms of being recognised by bmw or a purist, I don't see what all the fuss is. The fact that it's a parts bin special only scares away buyers who are after a rare, collectable e34.

Everyone's forgotten the NZ New Genuine E34 540is manual in red that was sold in Dunedin for around $7500 - I'm pretty sure it was under 100kms too and absolutely immaculate, was sold new at Cooke Howlison BMW. This was around 2 or so years ago.

Nice car, with some nice bits installed. A tad over priced imo. Given that the 540is is nothing special in terms of being recognised by bmw or a purist, I don't see what all the fuss is. The fact that it's a parts bin special only scares away buyers who are after a rare, collectable e34.

A proper 540is is a relatively rare car specced deliberately by bmwnz to emulate a e34 m5, that's a little bit special in my book