Sign in to follow this  
alaza

Recommend E30 Adjustable suspension

Hey guys

need recommendation on some good djustable suspension, legal hight and mainly using it for daily and learning to drift :)

not sure whats good out there (brand)

Assuming you mean coilovers and not interested in airbags..?

Plenty of cheap brands out there that have spring rate and height adjustability in the one motion, e.g. you lower the spring rate and car sits down lower. Keep away from these, they are cheap and nasty. Remember, you need to certify them, so definately a thing that economically its a great idea to "do it once do it right"

BC Gold and XYZ are common middle of the road setup. Im running XYZ in my E34 Touring. make sure you get their drift or curcuit setup if you are intending for competition/club use. I did loads of research and these seemed to be best bang for buck.

And then top of the line comes Ground Control and H&R, though i think the latter may have discontinued now. John, a member on here e30ftw im 99% sure ran Ground Control in his E30. And they are very very popular on Bimmerfest.com, R3vlimited, and E30tech, all very big E30 forums much much larger than bimmersport.

Remember, you get what you pay for with this sort of thing, much like buying H&R or Ebaich springs over Cobra or Jamex.

Get airbags! :P

he wants good suspension, suitable for drifting. Airbags are neither.

They are total crap at doing anything other than making a car look good.

Hey guys

need recommendation on some good djustable suspension, legal hight and mainly using it for daily and learning to drift :)

not sure whats good out there (brand)

Learning to drift? Just go find a big paddock, grass kana events are good, no need for any mod's!

I think its more a case of finding the right suspension people than the right brand, you could build something decent for and E30 with custom valving and corner weighting for around $2,500-3k.

There's a set of GC coilovers for an E30 on TradeMe at the moment for $1500 - if they are in good condition that would be a good buy IMHO.