Sign in to follow this  
BLACK DORIS

Help needed in Roto Vegas!

Hey there, wondering if any of the Rotorua based members are in town and could help me replace a leaking fuel hose (e30 325i/engine bay hose). Just discoved it today after arriving.

I've bought the new hose and clips (seems leak is only the hose that connects to the injectors).

After a quick search online, am thinking this could be a little bit above my skill level - well making sure there's no air in the line etc. Plus I have only basic tools (and skills!) here.

Have taped hose and that'll prob allow me to get to someones workshop, think it's more pin hole leak.

Anyone able to help out or point out a local mechanics that may be open tomorrow (optimistic...)?

Flick me a txt if your able to help out or know where I may find some tomorrow 0212133565 and what flavour beer you drink.

Thanks in adv,

Rio

pretty simple mate all you need is a socket or flat blade whatever type your hose clamps need. undo both ends (might be a bit of a pain finding the correct hose) and put new one in. air in the lines isnt an issue, it will be pushed out when you start the car, car might just take longer to start than usual and/or cough and fart for first 30 seconds of running.

• Like 1

Yeap pretty simple, remove the fuel pump fuse (11) or the fuel pump relay (middle of the 3 by the front left strut tower) and turn the car over first before you disconnect the line you are replacing. This will depressurize it so you won't risk fuel getting sprayed into your eyes. Also make sure the replacement line is fuel injection hose, should say efi or something on it. When I replaced mine supercheap sold me fuel hose for a carbureted car (which is rated to allot less pressure) and told me it would be fine for fuel injection. You should use fuel injection hose clamps too, they are smoother on the inside.

Hey Andy/Ben,

Thanks for the info. Only thing I wasn't sure about was air in the line, didn't want to cause a bigger issue.

Hose and clips are for fuel injected.

Will give it a crack! Lol.

Thanks again.

Sorted. Embarrising how simple that was.

Thanks again.

One question I did have - from the quick search I did online I think the hose from the injectors connected to the fuel flow/pressure regulator???

Anyway, that whatever it is seems, (on mine at least) to be free floating. Should it be attached to something (a bracket?) in the engine bay?

Even with my limited mechanical experience, that just seems odd.

Thanks again, btw the new site upgrade is great.

• Like 1

The FPR is connected to the fuel rail on an m20, It's at the front end of the motor and easy to see. The other end is just a hose connecting directly to the fuel rail.

Which end did you replace? Maybe someone added another in-line fuel filter or something.