Sign in to follow this  
Garett

Powercruize Taupo

Hey guys is anyone going to the powercruize event on 16th and 17th of november?

Was going to go but then realized I am not a bogan.

A good mate is going in his big block ego (penis) enlarger, I just give him sh*t and tell him it is secretly a conference for men with small cocks and a love of premixed bourbon and cola.

• Like 1

see the organiser has built a two seater top fuel funny car to give people rides.

dont think it will be seen in nz though.

aussie drag racing association limited its top speed to 300mph for safety.

will do 0-540kph in 4.5 seconds

It cant be compared to Australia, the cars in Australia are amazing, particularly the power skids, there were say two cars in NZ that could do a power skid vs 100's in Australia.

Also, we got told to slow down on the race track when we tried to go around a corner at like 50kph, I drive faster in my driveway.

It cant be compared to Australia, the cars in Australia are amazing, particularly the power skids, there were say two cars in NZ that could do a power skid vs 100's in Australia.

Also, we got told to slow down on the race track when we tried to go around a corner at like 50kph, I drive faster in my driveway.

never been, but if thats true that sounds like sh*t. not worried about missing it now.

Don't discount it on my rant, I am just a jaded car enthusiast and its not my scene, to some people its probably fantastic and if I was in Taupo I would still go and have a look.

I think after a few years we will see better cars show up, popularity may grow, I think the lack of cashed up bogans in NZ is holding it back, we need to start mining.

fairly good event, better to compete than spectate but thats always true i spose.

last year was average due to rain but this weekend should be a Pearla

Powercruise was awesome this year... not sure if it was the fact I got to drive my car for the first time or the fact it was the first powercruise event ive been too, and having a garage for all your stuff and not having to line up to go out was an added bonus, still wondering if any pics or vids of my bema are going to arise from the day... Saturday I was one of the last ones there having the track to myself making me feel abit more confident going sideways and getting some smoke curling off the tyres, also the first time I ran over a ripple strip they are evil, its like driving down a set of stairs...