Sign in to follow this  
louistan3

E30 M3 Springs fit on E30 320i?

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at lowering my E30 but with very limited funds so I was looking at these springs from Ebay which are H&R

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190562013994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

And it says it's compatible with the M3 E30.

I have a PFL 1986 320i, would these fit? Would i have any problem with these? Would the shipping be so much that I would end up paying the same if i get these here in NZ?

The only reason i had a look at these was because it seems cheaper than getting it locally, please correct me if i'm wrong and if you could point me in the direction of where to find these at a good price.

Thanks for the help.

Take into consideration that shipping these to new zealand wont be free. Probably $100 ish

You will get stung with duty tax probably around $100

You will need to shorten your shocks to captivate springs for wof which is around $150 a pair but it will weaken them if theyre original from factory as they would be quite old and tired now

Not trying to sell you what I got but just putting it out there that I have the cup kit which is for a 325i but will fit a 320i which is all brand new springs struts and shocks. Selling as I have airbag suspension now and so didnt get the chamce to use these.

They retail at $1500 nzd and im tryna sell for around $1000 but am negotiable. As I have a had a few people get into contact with me recently about them.

Message me if you want to discuss this further.

My two cents worth,

And prices ive listed above are an estimate, im not trying to discourage you from importing them just putting it out there that there are hidden costs :)

Thanks JC. How much lower will that cup kit sit? I don't want to go too low as I was looking at getting 16's on these in the future.

I've seen your post around but was just worried about the it being too low, I was looking at the H&R sports before with some koni's and wasn't sure how low/different those are to your cup kit.

Captive springs won't get you too low.

Don't buy those springs from ebay, my shipping thing popped up saying over $300 just for shipping.

You won't be charged by customs though as the actual springs are definately less than the thresehold amount ($500ish...?)

Go to Autolign in Mt Wellington, they'll sort you out or point you in the right direction if you want new springs.

Captive springs won't get you too low.

Don't buy those springs from ebay, my shipping thing popped up saying over $300 just for shipping.

You won't be charged by customs though as the actual springs are definately less than the thresehold amount ($500ish...?)

Go to Autolign in Mt Wellington, they'll sort you out or point you in the right direction if you want new springs.

When my cupkit got duty tax the letter said " your goods were valued at more than $60 duty" and so I paid nearly $200 in tax. My cupkit weighed 20kg and I assume the weight of these springs will attract attention by them. Been done bringing over 10 dashmats and had to pay $120 tax haha.

And hey OP the cup kit will be low but not inesacary low. I wad going to run them with my 16x9 bbs reps but bought a car with airbags so thats why im not needing them so I dont see any issues fitting 16s as ive seen these run 17s easily :)

Hi Guys,

I'm looking at lowering my E30 but with very limited funds so I was looking at these springs from Ebay which are H&R

http://www.ebay.com/itm/190562013994?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1438.l2649

And it says it's compatible with the M3 E30.

I have a PFL 1986 320i, would these fit? Would i have any problem with these? Would the shipping be so much that I would end up paying the same if i get these here in NZ?

The only reason i had a look at these was because it seems cheaper than getting it locally, please correct me if i'm wrong and if you could point me in the direction of where to find these at a good price.

Thanks for the help.

I have fitted std m3 springs into e30 and they give a nice drop on a 4cl, even better in a 6cyl. Maybe try to find some of those.

If you decide to buy locally I have 2 sets of genuine e30 Msport spings, one set just 4 springs and another including complete front strut assemblies. Also got a set of low King springs for e30.PM me if interested

Thanks for the replies.

@Lucan: What does "captive springs" mean? I've heard it before but never really understood it.

@JC: Did you have a photo of it on an e30? Don't like it low as cause I hate scraping onto things as that was the case on my old Honda Civic :wacko:

I have fitted std m3 springs into e30 and they give a nice drop on a 4cl, even better in a 6cyl. Maybe try to find some of those.

If you decide to buy locally I have 2 sets of genuine e30 Msport spings, one set just 4 springs and another including complete front strut assemblies. Also got a set of low King springs for e30.PM me if interested

So the Msport stock springs do drop the e30 down a bit? I was considering that before but then wasn't too sure if it was enough of a drop or looked too "stock".