Sign in to follow this  
Stevie S

335i Intercooler

New intercooler arrived for my 335i Sedan

Edited by Steve1616
  • Like 1

That's a sexy piece of kit. Looking forward to seeing the results :)

looking good, read good things about VRSF

can you take a picture of it with your stock inter-cooler to compare size?

Foo that's a thick one!

Cool to see the 335i's have fallen to a price point where tuning enthusiasts are starting to play with them a bit more, its great that the rest of the world have been doing it for 7 or so years so the development is done and the car is old enough that the parts have come way down in cost. Can see quite a few of these beasts being built over the next few years.

Will do , probably won't get around to installing until xmas. Definately not as big as your monster.

Hows the diff?

Had a missing package from the USA to NZ - that took a couple of weeks to sort out (diff lockdown kit)

car's currently at GT refinishers getting the guards rolled and installing my new lip and side - next week @bmworkshop the LSD, lockdownkit, boost guage, new enginer cover will be done - just in time for sunday's track day at hampton downs

Foo that's a thick one!

Cool to see the 335i's have fallen to a price point where tuning enthusiasts are starting to play with them a bit more, its great that the rest of the world have been doing it for 7 or so years so the development is done and the car is old enough that the parts have come way down in cost. Can see quite a few of these beasts being built over the next few years.

Definitely, its just a pity that all the stage3 turbo's are only for the LHD market at this stage

I have been playing around with a e40 map and i have just been so impressed how hard it pulls - i have a inline pump (for the lower fuel pressure pump) on its way so i can run straight e85 - will need to get it up on the dyno once done

• Like 1

Lol, damn - thankfully not that damaged!

Is the sound like a flute ? ( best way I can describe it ?)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Right side hose just needed tightening up some more. During the install there was a bit of oil in the pipes, so think that bms oil catch can is on the cards

and the sound disappeared once it was tightened? - hmm if so may need to check mine

ya catch can is pretty good mod, saves you from having to get your intakes cleaned out which is a pain from what i hear

Had a missing package from the USA to NZ - that took a couple of weeks to sort out (diff lockdown kit)

car's currently at GT refinishers getting the guards rolled and installing my new lip and side - next week @bmworkshop the LSD, lockdownkit, boost guage, new enginer cover will be done - just in time for sunday's track day at hampton downs

Definitely, its just a pity that all the stage3 turbo's are only for the LHD market at this stage

I have been playing around with a e40 map and i have just been so impressed how hard it pulls - i have a inline pump (for the lower fuel pressure pump) on its way so i can run straight e85 - will need to get it up on the dyno once done

have you put any thought into the fact that you may need to look at injector sizing when moving to E85? the power density of E85 is lower than petrol, so you need to bump the size up appropriately (I think in the range of 1.5x)

what else are you doing with the fuel system? usually a low pressure pump is to pull fuel to a surge tank then high pressure lines to the rail.

also great to meet you today, very well modified machine

have you put any thought into the fact that you may need to look at injector sizing when moving to E85? the power density of E85 is lower than petrol, so you need to bump the size up appropriately (I think in the range of 1.5x)

what else are you doing with the fuel system? usually a low pressure pump is to pull fuel to a surge tank then high pressure lines to the rail.

also great to meet you today, very well modified machine

DIdn't see this till now

Nah no need to change injectors - the OEM ones are rated something silly like 2000 or 2200CC

To run E85 on the 335i (with oem turbo's) - your stock LPFP can handle 20-30% mix of e85 - anything more you need to either replace your LPFP to a aftermarket one or run a inline LPFP

The issue with the guys running upgraded turbo's with e85 is the HPFP can't handle it - but looks like a aftermarket HPFP is going to be released soon to hopefully solve the issues

http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?54471-HPFP-Tease

EDIT***

Looks like pricing and info are out on the HPFP upgrade: http://www.bimmerboost.com/showthread.php?55345-VTT-quot-Shotgun-quot-HPFP-upgrade-announcement-558WHP-612WTQ-Stage-2

Edited by mod335