Sign in to follow this  
OLLIE

Quebee - A really cool video camera controlled by your smartphone

post-4-0-75928600-1383862759.jpg

Hey Bimmersporters

I don't normally condone shameless advertising but I'm kinda allowed to... and anyway this is something really cool.

For the last twelve months my company Blender Design has been working hard on a joint venture project with Teknique - an Auckland based camera technology company. Our mission is to "change the way personal video is captured and make it affordable and intuitive, for everyone"

What we created is Quebee; a compact, stylish and robust portable video camera which you control with an app on your smartphone. Quebee is designed to enable everyone to capture and enjoy moments in life, without having to worry about holding a camera. Most of us have a smart phone or digital camera but the problem is that if we are holding the camera, we are not part of what is happening. Quebee solves this problem.

We are excited to be launching Quebee very soon on crowdfunding website kickstarter.com. And we would love to have you all involved.
This is a call for your support and help spreading the word - check out quebee.com and sign up to receive email updates as the project evolves or if you prefer go along and like the quebee facebook page or follow Quebee on Twitter or all of the above. Tell all your friends and help us build a following, we'll make sure you are the first to know when Quebee launches on kickstarter so you can snatch up the early bird specials.
Your support and help spreading the word would be awesome! Thanks so much.

• Like 1

Here a few more teaser images to give you a bit more of an idea of who Quebee is ...

post-4-0-95454100-1383863079_thumb.jpg

post-4-0-05598200-1383863110_thumb.png

post-4-0-45200100-1383863198_thumb.png

post-4-0-78433800-1383863381_thumb.png

Question. What is the difference and benefits over a camera such as the Go-Pro or Sony Action Cam. Which both have a live app.

What are the specs and price of the camera?

Good question Dan.

Go pro and similar cameras are all geared towards the action market, they are designed to be moving and the user is generally behind the camera and not in front of the lens. Because of the use case of these cameras they are quite small and therefore battery life is not huge, they are also quite techy without much of a focus on usability.

Quebee is designed for everyone. It's priced to make it accessible, it's easy to use with one button and cloud based video editing, and it has stunning battery life. It's a powerful consumer product with a friendly aesthetic, easy to use app and a fantastic user experience.

Price and Spec details will all be revealed very soon but it will likely retail at around USD$199 (half go-pro) and battery life will be around 5 hours full HD recording (twice go-pro).

Hopefully that answers your question okay, I haven't been media trained yet haha

Subscribed..

Just a word to the wise, be realistic with your supply times on KickStarter. The three projects I have sponsored on there all went WELL over their time projections, and gee the people told them what they thought of that! :)

Great to see a NZ project on there :)

All the best.

Edited by camera doctor

Great price and Battery life that's for sure for something so small.

It's almost like made for me! QU-BE :D

You should get royalites!

Haha cheers for the comments guys ...

Looking forward to launching soon. Greg I totally know what you mean about lead times etc. We will be realistic, and more inportantly will keep backers informed all along the way. We already have a relationship with the manufacturer and the design is quite far through development so all going well we should be able to deliver in a decent timeframe.

UPDATE!

We have a set a launch date of Monday November 25. Stay tuned

17K already, TBH I didn't even see it getting that. Can't see a use for one in my life or any of my family members life's. Isn't a large market now that Smartphones are everywhere and that GoPro's are like the iPhone of cell phones (Gotta have the best/Most popular)

Hey everyone, we have hit $53,000 USD and are over half way there. Response has been encouraging but we still have a wee way to go to get to 100k in 13 days.

We've announced a couple of extra features which we are having a lot of fun testing out at the moment.

1. Multiple Quebees can be synced together and controlled at once! - MINI ANGLE KITS and MULTI ANGLE KITS are now available.
2. Quebee supports Internet Streaming, connect quebee to local wifi and you can see what quebee sees from anywhere using your smartphone.
3. Sync your smartphone camera with Quebee to capture multi angle video with just one quebee, This is pretty cool, you can have one fixed and one moving camera.
Check it out and support our project! let's make Quebee happen
Check out these multi angle demo videos, we have a few more to come of autocross and stuff too.

This post has been promoted to an article