Sign in to follow this  
atlantiskiwi

WTB E36 M3 Evo or original. Long term buy and hold!

Hi, I have been looking for a genuine non import E36 M3 for quite a while now. There are a couple around but they are wanting silly money (20k) and I know these have been going for 12-15 lately. I am an enthusiast who is wanting to pick one up now, clean it up and then keep it.

My ideal be the Evo light blue with cream or black leather.

FYI - I am also selling my 2003 E39 530i Motorsport done 98k. Immaculate cond. 13k

Please help and if you know anyone who has an M3, ask if they are interested in selling.

maybe i should sell my one ?

nz new 93 m3 .

2 owners

130k's tecno violet (well whats left of the paint)

If i was you id be looking into this, It is so clean! and has all the goodies you could want in an m3. and the colour is just superb close up.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/auction-661446360.htm

IMO - that's not what I'd personally call a M3..............................Brent's one sounds far more interesting already, bigtime..............

IMO - that's not what I'd personally call a M3..............................Brent's one sounds far more interesting already, bigtime..............

Can you elaborate?? Looks like a good M3, price is getting up there but could be worth it if it all checks out..

For me that one would be a non starter. As IMO negatives include: colour, engine swap, pre-facelift, that hideous wheel, those hideous wheels. But that's my personal taste....

• Like 2

Can you elaborate?? Looks like a good M3, price is getting up there but could be worth it if it all checks out..

Basically, much like Nick says - its been ba$tardised .......

I'm intrigued with the idea that we're gonna find what the OP wants though for 12-15k, (basically what he wants for his 530 is gonna turn into a NZ new M3......)???I'd have thought that's fairly ambitious probably...........

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

I would be patient my friend, there are a few Estoril Blue Evo M3's out there, just hold out. Don't settle for something you have to convince yourself that's what you want, personally, get the car you really want :)

• Like 2

:) That one I do like - nice!! Given that's at retail on a 'performance' yard in primo condition, makes that blue one look over-priced a fair bit IMO......this silver one has been for sale for a while.......

Edited by Blue-540i

If i was you id be looking into this, It is so clean! and has all the goodies you could want in an m3. and the colour is just superb close up.

That shut line on the bonnet looks funny.

Personally I don't think 20k would be un-realistic for a mint NZ new E36 M3 Evo in Avus.

Yeah I looked at that but its far from genuine....

That's where your wrong. They are there! I have had the chance but missed the opportunity! I will spend what I need to for the right one . But 20k is more than they are worth. You can buy an E46 for 25k

Basically, much like Nick says - its been ba$tardised .......

I'm intrigued with the idea that we're gonna find what the OP wants though for 12-15k, (basically what he wants for his 530 is gonna turn into a NZ new M3......)???I'd have thought that's fairly ambitious probably...........

Yeah I have looked at this one. But it's avg cond and they want top money. I have been told they traded it for 10k!!!

Evo, agree you could be right but not pre facelift ...

That shut line on the bonnet looks funny.

Personally I don't think 20k would be un-realistic for a mint NZ new E36 M3 Evo in Avus.

that yellow 1 is by far the most fun at hampton downs... trust me :)

• Like 3

Surely there's some reasonably priced M3's floating around that someone is ready to sell??

Soon-to-be appreciating classic I'd say. I also can't see them coming much further down in price - I've been watching them closely for 2+ years now. I would've gone for pretty much exactly what you're after if mine didn't show up at the time I was looking!

Don't forget - just because you think they're overpriced at $20k+ doesn't mean they won't sell. Like everything, the only real indication is what the market will pay... and if they're actually selling at $20k it's a reasonable yardstick.

Best of luck finding what you're after - if you manage to, you'll be laughing your way to the bank in a few years!

• Like 1

That's my beast. Was at hamptons downs yesterday. What a fun car to have. Thrash it, then drive it home.

Very reliable and a lot of fun.

Hopefully somebody will enjoy it this summer.

Cheers

Nigel Aston

• Like 1

That's my beast. Was at hamptons downs yesterday. What a fun car to have. Thrash it, then drive it home.

Very reliable and a lot of fun.

Hopefully somebody will enjoy it this summer.

Cheers

Nigel Aston

You'd have to be really glad its not blue................it'd only be worth half that............. :lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol: ;):rolleyes::)