Sign in to follow this  
djpaubes

e60 hidden sports mode

Hi guys,

I'm reading about the hidden sports button on an e60, Its all over the bmw forums overseas but wanted to know if anyone has actually done it locally.

A bit spectacle and I also realise its only slightly different that DS.

Would be keen to hear some thoughts on this. I'm got a 530i its not a racer but I like mucking around.

Cheers,

By connecting this cable as he describes what happens to make it change?. (spelling)

Edited by tim 325

That's a neat video - he's done well on showing the differences on it. Musta done a few - took him around 8 mins to do it............. :)

Haven't had time but might give this a crack this weekend and might have to DIY the switch and cable unless anyone has a suggestion?

Haven't had time but might give this a crack this weekend and might have to DIY the switch and cable unless anyone has a suggestion?

He actually sells an illuminated switch with wires on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-E60-5-series-LED-light-up-sport-mode-unlock-button-cable-/301040133481?pt=Car_Audio_Video&hash=item461763e569&vxp=mtr

So are we doing a group buy on this item or what? Just buy one and someone verify that it works first?

So are we doing a group buy on this item or what? Just buy one and someone verify that it works first?

I'm keen for a group buy. The guy at capital auto electrics in wellington has done a few before. But I'd prefer to do it with a proper switch.

I just watched this and isn't this the same as pushing your steptronic over to sport mode!!!

I did, but it didn't make any difference on the 540 between DS and "Sports" like the sports icon appears, but it didn't really give the car that extra pounding like in the video.

Might work better on the 525 or 530 as mentioned above. I built the "kit" for just under $15 with parts from JayCar and approx. 90 minutes of labour pulling the front dash panels and radio etc out