Sign in to follow this  
Gus

1990 Sterling Sport

Since it's been a LOOONG while since I've been on here...this may be of interest to some.

the most recent acquisition is up and running!
FS Ad:
10835300074_ce14f4900e_b.jpg
She was running reasonably well, but I wanted to make her as nice as possible, so off to a mechanic (I'm cheating this time - after rebuilding a coupe of E30's, I simply don't have the time, space, tools, so it's been a real luxury having someone else do the work! And better than I would have, being honest...)
List of parts replaced is pretty extensive, some of them below:
Newish Mtech springs, shocks and struts from the old car (standard - love em), Full new front control arms, track rods, E30 M3 bushes, drop links, new BMW standard exhaust (I LOVE this thing), BTB manifold (unfortunately it was advertised as having a BTB which turned out not to be true), BBTB (thanks Byron!), new WMS discs (the old front R had malformed and cracked coming off, ouch), new Toyo Proxes all round, Inspection II, bonnet foam, gearbox seals, guibo & CSB, gearshift knuckle, cambelt/waterpump, a wheel bearing, 25mm Master Cylinder and numerous new clips, etc.
Replaced the speakers and stereo, a few more things on the checklist but otherwise she's running well and loving her. Need to get the wheels straightened and then can start worrying about whether to 2.8/3L her or not...
I really love the blue leather!
10922507336_af853eb961_b.jpg
10922832263_f3bf5d2854_b.jpg
10922518946_cc37e7f9da_b.jpg[/url]
10922586784_4dcd0eb86d_b.jpg
10922521366_75dc64127b_b.jpg
10922595866_1c6d6cf571_b.jpg
  • Like 1

Very nice! I'm curious as to ballpark you paid for that in the UK... Also are they easy\hard to find etc?

just over £4K, spent a few more...easy to find...as long as you're not worried about rust! Mine's a little rusty, but better than most.

Now just need a 2.8 or 3.0 M20...

Nice man! .. looks reallllllly clean.

Do what andy did .. Ireland 3.1 m20 stroker with ported head and cams. Fast engine.