Sign in to follow this  
danutt

can i put a 4.4 v8 in my e39

how difficult is it to put a m60 or m62 into my 523i e39 just looking at options at the moment

and since ive spent quite alot on getting the ride perfect im after an engine swap maybe haha

so mmm

don't let me put you off...

but better to just sell your car and buy a V8 one. You will need to upgrade suspension, brakes, swap steering over etc, then get the engine in, play around with EWS etc etc, and then when its all done, have a certifier tell you it needs this and that for a ticket. And then when its finally legal, get a big insurance bill because its a modified vehicle

• Like 1

Everyone will say its cheaper to sell the current car and just get a 540i.

Keep in mind other than the engine they have different suspension, electrics, drive terrain + it would require a cert plate which adds more costs.

Unless your current car is exceptionally good and worth spending money and you wont sell it, don't go down this path.

E39 540i seem to be quite cheap these days so not much point.

thats what i was after--im used to e30s so if its all swap this aswell and swap this so this fits kind of thing then im not interested in the headache haha im on the fence about selling it -its mint after spending some good coin on getting it just the way it should be but ive that disease that when ive got a car to a great standard i get itchy and get something else to sink my teeth into haha

thats what i was after--im used to e30s so if its all swap this aswell and swap this so this fits kind of thing then im not interested in the headache haha im on the fence about selling it -its mint after spending some good coin on getting it just the way it should be but ive that disease that when ive got a car to a great standard i get itchy and get something else to sink my teeth into haha

well why not buy a 540i with good paint (maybe need a cut and polish??) and swap the nice bits from yours over like bodykit interior etc. don't need any certifying for that and you come away with the same result. WHat you think?

sounds like a plan of sorts mate hahaim also leaning toward a cabriolet e30 which ive never had before but also ive driven a 540i and they have such an awesome kick in the pants haha sooo mmm all depends what i could get for mine and the market right now over christmas probably isnt the best timing to get an appropriate price

I know someone who should be about to get his 540i re regd and will be looking to sell it

i wonder if someone would swap?? my car is in great condition with as it stands now no faults going to polish it and wax it twice this weekend and restore the trim for the summer so she looks amazing wonder if someone still wants the e39 shape etc just with much better fuel economy :)

theres a few on trademe id be interested in.. only issue is selling mine and then buying another...ive swapped cars in the past-such a seemless deal :)

i wonder if someone would swap?? my car is in great condition with as it stands now no faults going to polish it and wax it twice this weekend and restore the trim for the summer so she looks amazing wonder if someone still wants the e39 shape etc just with much better fuel economy :)

I've heard that drugs in some quantities are wonderful things, so yes, I guess there is a chance that you'll find some-one somewhere that will want to swap their premium model staggeringly fast great handling 540i for the poverty pack model that's slower & uses just as much, if not more fuel..............high odds you'll get a stampede of 540 owners wanting to swap keys............. ;):rolleyes::)

Easy as to put a M60 in your car tho - with the heads off & spare wheel removed, it'll easily go in the boot. If you want to put it anywhere else on your current wheelbase - think of it as lots of brain-damage for nothing, & being the equivalent of standing in shower for 15 minutes ripping up $100 notes..........

Not that I'm trying to put ya off or anything........... ;):)

hahah bro you are hilarious hahah :) but yea thats just the dilemma i guess ill put her up for sale and with no hurry to sell..tyre kickers will be welcomed as theyd just embaress themselves haha and then when it sells il grab something else worthy of more coin!!haha thanks for the posts though cheers

• Like 1

I'm told its fine lines between hilarious , f#cking funny, & honest............. :D Coupla guys here been giving me lessons lately, haha. Yea, you'll be alright - ditch what you've got I reckon, then hang out for the right 540 - check it out properly first, then chuck some love at it...........

On the E39's - IMO buying anything less than a 528 is just pi$$ing in the wind false economy overall really, unless you're solely doing urban running with no passengers etc.... ;):)

I'll swap mine for yours if you leave a bag with $15K in non-consecutive $5 bills in the boot :)

• Like 1

I know one that would do IF he didn't have to re reg his 540i will have new pads n brembo rotors all round and a full service has just had the fuel pump, filter and PVC valve replaced

Edited by Mr2low

my cars mint so swapping for a car thats not on the road seems unreasonable lol i think ill put it up for sale and when it sells ill get the bigger motor :)

• Like 1

Stick an ls1 and t56 in it. Problem solved. Must admit, thought has crossed my mind a couple of times lately.

That's alright 540 will be getting legaled early December gives me sometime to play with it whilst it's up for sale, it's funding the touring project

Has been repainted at some point to a metallic grey

post-17370-0-05989200-1385030831_thumb.j

post-17370-0-34138700-1385030879_thumb.j

post-17370-0-23016100-1385030900_thumb.j

Edited by Mr2low

I'll swap mine for yours if you leave a bag with $15K in non-consecutive $5 bills in the boot :)

I'll swap yours for his if you leave a bag with $10k in non-consecutive $100 bills in your boot. :) Probably be on different rims by time you get it tho....... :D

Bung an M3 6 cylinder in it and get the best of both worlds- superb handling from the 6 cylinder E39 chassis and decent power from a grunty 3.2 litre six

That's always been an interesting idea to me! A proper revvy motor, but also still has heaps of torque.

540i's aren't that hungry, but they can have expensive engine issues. I really like the 6's, and with a proper gearbox (with 3 pedals), aren't slow at all.

• Like 1

Step dad passed away he was still using it up until he died even tho rego had lapsed then mum thought the wagon and v8 were on hold turns out they weren't hence needing re doing