Sign in to follow this  
Gavin.Hooper

Hey all, new member here

For years i have been searching for my dream car and still searching to find the right one. I am after an E36 M3 Evo.. in Cosmos black or Estoril Blue. If anyone has one or knows of any around could they let me know? Been wanting one for so many years :)

I think there's an echo from hearing this story before, but its ok, I'll take the hit for the team............... :)

Mate, you should be able to find one of those easy as - kool bit is the blue ones are worth next to nothing these-days too, so extra bonus there - mint order & full tank of gas - 8-10k max I reckon.......

Actually, thinking bout it - I've got a mate thats got one in a barn near Tuatapere that he wants to flick, as he's a bit sick of it gathering dust now. Reckons its NZ new, reg on hold, 69,000kms, Estoril blue, black leather interior. Needs cut & polish as theres a bit of bull$hit with it, & new battery..............

He's thinking your Caldina, 2 nights with your missus (picture dependant), & 3.5k cash (depends bit on quality of those 2 nights), it be all yours ae - you be keen??

• Like 1

Blue' is being mean to you... :)

Cracking up @ this - must be a bit ironic, M3AN saying I'm being mean :D:) .........well personally I thought the post might be coming from this guy with the diesel sounding 530......http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46991-weird-sound-what-do-you-think-it-is-03-e39-530i. but if its not, then hey, "Welcome to the site, hope you've got a sense of humour & a thick skin, & if you're north of Bombay - group hug day is Fridays...." ;):)

Bit of light reading here for ya if ya want...............

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46530-e36-m3-dreamer/

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/46813-wtb-e36-m3-evo-or-original-long-term-buy-and-hold/

Don't forget to send through that pic ae.........& I'll get Jack to start cleaning his one up a bit...... ;):)

Edited by Blue-540i

Haha i do love a good laugh. I was once north of the Bombay's but now spend my days in Wellington.

Seen one dark green M3 evo here but he wasn't keen to sell haha

Lols, oh, ok, yea, know that feeling - imagine the ex Southern boy here, going north of Bombay for the first time to whangarai years ago. 'Lucky' enough to just hit Auckland @ 5pm on a Friday - beautiful, just f#cking beeeeautiful........... :rolleyes:

So, ya genuinely want a M3 ae...................hmmm, strange little world. I've heard theres a list of buyers, but not many sellers.......... ;):)

Do I dare sell mine....

Nah don't think so ;)

• Like 1

Everythings for sale, so just to give us an idea, given what's being said lately re M3's - I rock up to your place with a crate of Speights under 1 arm, - how much $$$$$ am I leaving behind too to walk away with the keys to the car............??? Go on.......... ;):)

Depends how much you have... If not enough for the m3 I could sell you a sweet c notched hilux, or a e36 touring, or a 97 accord if your hard up!

But to be honest for what they're going for now its not worth selling it for what I've spent on it making it pretty much new again... Hoping for a good increase in a few years... Early retirement maybe :)

• Like 1

It might surprize ya, but I totally understand where you're coming from with that...........and I think theres lots of other M3 owners out there in same mind-set really re selling..........

Has anyone gone and imported an M3 on here? I personally along with everyone else would rather a NZ new

AFAIK you won't be able to based on age or something. I'm sure someone else will chime in with the actual reason.

Has anyone gone and imported an M3 on here? I personally along with everyone else would rather a NZ new

Imported from where? UK, Japan ? My car was imported from japan with 5000kms on it, and im sure it cost alot less than its equivalent here in New Zealand. I also know of a couple people who have imported E92 M3's from the UK, both were pleased with the final result, and From memory I think it was cheaper than buying the same vehicle here in New Zealand.

An average one in the UK will cost you GBP8k ... shipping it will cost you NZ$2k, importing it will cost you NZ$1k so you're looking at NZ$19k anyway for something sight unseen and in average condition (probably >200k miles).

I'm not sure it would be economical, Japan might be different (edit: or South Africa - just don't get the de-tuned SA version!).

All depends on what model you are looking to import I guess, if you are looking for an E36 then yes that would probably be the case as they have a few years on them now, also got to be conscious of the fact that they salt there roads in winter so you are likely to find ALOT of rust.

Japan would be a good options as you can find absolute jems which have lived in there garage their whole life and only do about 1000kms a year, they also really look after cars over there.

They cannot be complied due to frontal impact requirements, was my understanding. Build numbers might be an impediment to importing one as a special interest vehicle, though I'm not 100% sure on that point.

Could buy one from the UK then transplant all parts to a donor shell. But then it's not a real M.

One will turn up, you'll just have to be patient. And have a large pile of pennies when one does!!

One will turn up, you'll just have to be patient. And have a large pile of pennies when one does!!

These are the bits that people seem to struggle with................ ;):)

Looked at that one on trademe a few times but after the M3 evo :) I know a guy who said he can build me one for about 17k.. but knowing it wasn't born an M3 it just wouldn't be the same haha. Wish i liked the E46's more http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=671138860 That's what i want just in E36 form haha.

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds?Category=used-cars&M=925 I look on this site sometimes, have seen some nice cars but i have been told about the salt on the roads over there. Would hate to buy something you want to keep for a long time and it just rusts away..

Patients seems to be my only option :)

So we're starting to think a bit harrder maybe on sending through a pic of the missus, & trading the mighty Caldina on Jack's one............... ;):)

Nah mate, but hey, :) give feel free to get hold off Jack direct...........Southland phone book. J. Doff, RD 8, Tuatapere. Local legend out that way - tell him Harvey Wilson put ya onto him........ ;):)

If ya have any hassles tracking him down, try the Tuatapere Pub (theres only 1) - tends to be his second home............ ;)

Don't worry about Blue 540i, he's a bit special! I think is car may have fallen of the jack stands while he was working on it....... But their is some sense it what he's saying....somewhere...

I too am looking for what you are after and it is a situation where people are sitting on them for now.

Just hold out and you will find one. I know a guy who picked up an Avus blue one in October of this year.

Good luck!

For years i have been searching for my dream car and still searching to find the right one. I am after an E36 M3 Evo.. in Cosmos black or Estoril Blue. If anyone has one or knows of any around could they let me know? Been wanting one for so many years :)

• Like 1

They will come up mate. Don't settle for less in the meantime. ;)

Nigel Aston

Nigel makes a valid point - hang in there on the 'waiting for right one' bit. I tend to find I compromise at times, & then just after I get what I'm 'prepared to settle for', what I really wanting starts literally falling outa the trees coupla weeks later........Murphy & his poxy law then has a good laugh :rolleyes::)

Right, I'm back to Trademe, looking for axle stands............. :lol:;):)