Sign in to follow this  
Cab

Rowan's E24 aka The Maroon Princess

very nice. One of my favorite cars. agree which one to take out.......

Hi mate,

what happened to the euro plate called "hi line?"

Graham's wife bought him that plate one Xmas. Did it not come with the car?

Unsure, it wasn't on the car when I bought it. Maybe he will try and sell it to me one day

Hey Rowan did you manage to flick the cab? She was a beaut

This 6 though, oh my lord. How mint is it, it is beautiful and IMO in one of the best colours!

Where did you manage to snap her up? Been well looked after by the looks of it

Na man still have the cab too. I got it off a mate who works for Team McMillan after he bought it off a guy who had it stored there for 7 months and was looking to sell it.

Yeah im not normally a maroon/brown fan but it really suits it.

Without telling anybody what I paid for it because it's irrelevant, and no I didnt get it for a bargain, what do you think something like this is worth? It's done 140k miles but its as mint in person as it is in photos. Also being a rare highline model is a huge bonus. Everything works as it should, no rust or dents, straight as a straight thing. As ssbmw informed us, it was sold by Giltraps 3 years ago for $27,000. Its a 1989 so the last of them. I know of a similar one in white done higher km's which sold for $18K recently.

If someone could give me some insight that would be great. (not looking to sell it by the way)

Edited by Cab

Without telling anybody what I paid for it because it's irrelevant, and no I didnt get it for a bargain, what do you think something like this is worth?

I think that's a rough question really.................when you're saying what you yourself paid for it is irrelevant............ :rolleyes:

To you, its well worth whatever you paid for it, obviously. Maybe its worth a bit more or bit less than that to me, to own it, dunno - we'll never really know what its worth until it comes time for you to sell it ae..... ;)

Maybe $1 reserve on Trademe is the only way to find out

Just want till june, no point selling a car during xmas.

Im not selling it anyways

Assuming its got the rear aircon\fridge setup?

is an auto or manual?As to the price you cant tell.In that sort of condition its top dollar.i wouldnt even know where to begin.I suggest you talk to Gerry Hodges president of the BMW car club

Hi Rowan,

This is just my opinion. Take it for exactly what it is -my perspective. It was sold at an absolute premium price at Giltraps a few years go. However they managed to sell it! Generally speaking I think a car like this in this condition is worth $18-$23k in NZ. You could get possibly get more but despite the condition the mileage is getting up there. As the mileage gets higher you lose some would-be buyers because they are mileage -fussy. A Highline in this condition in the Uk with this amount of mileage is worth possibly about 10k pounds.

What it has in its favour is it's unique hue, the fact it is one of the last special edition ( from memory they made around 450 highlines ) E24's made -and also happens to be in wonderful nick. Try getting one like this -good luck! To the right buyer it could be worth more but it all depends on timing and getting a buyer who has their stars lined up to buy one.

If this was a M635csi one could argue that it is worth $30k plus by virtue of its condition -irrespective of its mileage. There only 4-5 M6's in Nz that are possibly as tidy as your Highline. As mentioned earlier very few 24 year old vehicles like your car has been cherished by so many of its previous owners!

Edited by ssbmw

The dude who paid $27k for it must have been a nutter.

There was an M635csi for sale on trademe ( in Hamilton ) not long ago for a little over $30k, it looked to be in mint condition.

The classic BMW market lives in it's own little world, as people will pay what they are willing to pay. For the most part, trying to get a gauge on pricing using an overseas market doesn't work either.

Most people would think I paid too much for my E30 Touring, but it was what I wanted and in my warped thinking, the idea of paying too much for something only becomes relevant when it comes time to sell it. And as I don't plan on ever selling my Touring, I got it for a steal.

Now for sale on TM? :/

Im not selling it anyways

If someone could give me some insight that would be great. (not looking to sell it by the way)

Now for sale on TM? :/

As of last night, I did some thinking, and yes it's for sale. I've decided to keep my convertible as I have more of an attachment to that car. Im very reluctant in selling this but I simply dont have the space to keep both of them. Plus some more money in the bank wouldnt hurt.

So I take it back, it IS for sale now..

Sorry no swaps!

I would suggest taking new photos now you are selling it. There will be people all around New Zealand interested in this and 5 arty photos of the exterior and nothing else isn't going to help you fetch 20 grand.

As mentioned in the auction, I will be adding more photos. Thanks for your input.

If somebody is genuinely interested and has been looking for a 635csi Highline then one photo would be enough to make them want to view it. I wouldnt buy a car based on how many photos were on Trademe.

Anyway, interior photos added now

Edited by Cab

Hi mate,

I see that you have copied my comments for your trade me advert. I have no issues with that. However, please remove Graham Fleury's name off the advert. Not sure if he'd like his name mentioned on a trade me advert.

I hope you are cool with this. Cheers.

• Like 1