Sign in to follow this  
lord_jagganath

Skoda Superb 2007 TDi

vs say a similar year 407HDi.

are the french better than the VW diesel?

in the following: -

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/peugeot/407/auction-672647347.htm

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/skoda/superb/auction-672633489.htm

Edited by The Juggernaut

^^^^ Would be for me too. Peugeot Diesels are good, but build quality is not there.

Much as I sort of struggle with the name "Skoda", & jusifiably so with the originals, obviously since VW ownership they are a totally different beast

some say the skodas are better than the parents and for generally $$$$ less.Our dealers an idiot tho....or one of them is.he wouldnt get an octavia wagon out for me.i prolly woulda bought it.So i got the 120 d instead

I spent last weekend on the gold coast driving around my dad's 2011 Skoda Superb TDI. Drove about 400kms over 4 days.

build quality is VW spec. I'ts a VW Passat under the badge. Everything you touch & feel is very much the lastest interior from VW (mum's always had Golf's) bar the center of the steering wheel. So it's quality.

The boot is HUGE.

The suspension is alittle floaty for me, but then again I lower my cars so it's probably fine.

My only criticism was the way the turbo came on. Sometimes you would prod the pedal and whooooah! we were off! One time I needed to get away from the lights to change lanes, stomped on it & nothing, nothing, noooothing.,.....by the time it decided to move I had to back out and pull in behind the other guy.

You would probably learn over time to get this right.

Plus side? 400 k's about half a tank. about $35 AUD. 6lt/100 with my driving? amazing.

Edited by M5V8

The 2.7HDI 407 is the one you want.

Not really answering your question mate, but I've spent a bit of time in a chipped Skoda Fabia VRs. Same 1.4TDI engine as in the rest of the VW group, it's a bloody good performer. Cheap to run, and it's been reliable for 140,000kms so far. I like it so much that I'm keen on getting one myself when the Corolla finally dies (circa year 2034).

My family have owned a number of Peugeots - and currently have a 308 TDI. They don't have any complaints about the 308, and do like the engine, however they had a fair amount of trouble with pre-2007 models. 2006 3l (petrol) 406 had heaps of squeaks & loose interior parts bought new from the factory (shoddy build quality), 106 had an intermittent stall issue on idle that was never fixed. The 405 dad owned for a bit was a good car. These three are all petrol, mind.

I was a bit wary with the Skoda brand a few years ago, however they really are VW build quality.

VW build quality :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

What a joke.

Spanish, German, English, French, its all sh*t after a few years.

• Like 1

^ agreed. My 07 VW Polo had broken just about everything that can be broken in a car.

Cam shaft, turbo sensor, aircon, radio (twice!), DPF, power steering (twice!) and the list goes on.

Joke: the car was made in Spain, probably on a Friday afternoon.

Edited by SpikeyLemon

Yup, just like my French car that is sh*t apparently even though it has been 100% fault free was actually built in Spain also.

2.7 HDI, the one you want, these things haul ars and handle quite well, I would rock one of these as a daily/cruiser with some grunt: http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=674077558

Well, was only in regards to the op, wont be trading in soon myself.

Guest cortez

one of these two cars will make look like an old fart..........just waiting to die. ho hum... yawn

• Like 1

why did you bring this back from the dead, of two years ago, just to say some sh*t that didnt make sense?

• Like 1

Ha, was just thinking the same

Not a great fan of Peugeot because of their build quality and reliability plus suppport in NZ, Sister bought her 403 new when I got the 328 - Peugeot is poked and rattles like a tired old shitter at 120,00km , its had a gearbox rebuild, engine work and average bills are $1600 plus for a service as bits fall off.

yep. they don't call 'em "French Fords" for nothing. The Peugeots are usually okay to drive (in that Gallic non-BMW way), but christ they're self-lightening! Bit's falling off and failing... no thanks. If you want that experience, you can get the same thing with genuine flair in an Alfa.

I'll get me coat...