Last seven digits of the chassis # are 2099070

I've been farting about with this car for a few weeks now, It's rattly, so I've checked/set valve clearances and cleaned the oil spray bar. It still rattles, so I guess the rocker shafts are worn. Never mind that it runs ok and I've got another head on the E32 730.

I've dealt to a whole lot of minor interior stuff like missing clips etc. Replaced the electric window switch block to get drivers window operating. Fitted another head unit with a CD rather than a cassette... Replaced dead speakers.

Fitted wheels and tyres, (M-Sport 18's, 9 1/2 rears, 8 fronts, I think from an E34 540, although I've seen the same ones on an early 750), which almost, but not quite, cured the 80kph shimmy.

Replaced the thermostat after it got rapidly hot then blew the short hose from behind the thermostat housing to the water pump. It got hot again the next day, so the thermostat is out until I clean out the radiator and check to see if the water pump is any good on the 730...

So, here's the interesting question.

Today, having driven it around the block, (about 30km, parts of which have been used in the Targa), I was pleased to note the temperature remained pretty stable. However... The windows refused to work... the trip computer died... the central locking doesn't work, and neither do the wipers... All at once... Car still runs fine and everything else is working as far as I can tell... I haven't got a clue...

Had to drag the 740 out of the three wall, borer infested, dirt floored shed that's the nearest thing I have to a workshop, so I could park the 530 under cover...

Anyone got any ideas where to start with this?

post-51295-0-99052300-1386924412_thumb.j

check the general module and check control modules are seated correctly for a start

could open them up and have a look for dry joints, and/or replace with a known working one from someone else. I have an M20 E34 one here in known good condition, i don't know how cross compatible they are though

• Like 1

Thanks for your response. Am I correct in assuming that the Check Control Module is the long one in the front power distribution box and the General Module is in the most forward position in the rear power distribution box? I've got an '89 E32 730 here to scavenge from, if they're the same...

Edited by Rrascal

broken fusable link by the main battery positive cable , smaller cable has a very soft ali fuse wrapped in plastic and they break

Cheers Brent, that's it... It's had a dodgy repair done on it in the past. (Some brain function challenged person has tried to solder it...!). I've got a good one in the E32 M30, so just a matter of removing the half pie repair work and putting the good one in. Thank-you! :)

post-51295-0-98169900-1386975656_thumb.j

Edited by Rrascal

Gotta love anything I can fix for time, not money...! :lol:

post-51295-0-70075800-1386993768_thumb.j

Edited by Rrascal