Sign in to follow this  
Bonto

M20 Distributor cap

Hi people,

I've had my 525e for over 6 months now and apart from a computer failure in the first 24 hours, it's run well. I had the distributor cap off the other day when I replaced the cam belt, tensioner and pump. It was in a bit of a sorry state so I made a note to look into getting a new one...

Checked the other day and just about fell over with the $350 ish price!

Not sure what I'm asking here but have any of you fine people found cheaper options than this? The car is starting to miss a little and while economy is admirable on the open road it's pretty diabolical on my 25kms to work each day. (OK, yup, it is a heavy 6cyl car! I know...).

I feel like it could run better anyway and the cap is a good place to start. Alternatively, has anyone got a good one they might part with?

Tom

I just did the cap and rotor myself. Idk who is trying to sell it for $350 but I bought it for USD $67 and the rotor was USD $23. This was from bma autoparts. Shipping was a killer though. Just look around.

Edit: Genuine Bosch too.

Edited by Kepes
  • Like 1

The top one can be had for about $95 US inc shipping for bremi brand...or about $120 US for genuine Bosch.

If you can't wait 'Milland' on trademe had them for around $170 iirc

pmd, new available

JK Southern Euro

jksoutherneuro@hotmail.com

Edited by JKSE