Sign in to follow this  
ipwnyou

1.6L to 2.5L

Dude, keep it 1.6L and sell it. Im sure that your car (like most 316i's) is only 1 or 2 previous owners, low km and perfect nick, so sell it and get a good price for it- you should be able to get 4.5- 5.5k for it

Its only had a few owners, its in perfect nick (the body is awesome, only a few very minor scratches, no major crashes or anything) the paint job is original and is perfect. Thats why I bought it - Paid 5.5k for it. The engine is approching 200k on the clock...and thats just the clock...im told the engine was replaced, and that only had 180+K on it but there isnt any way to tell. It has problems with air intake, it burns though fuel like you wouldnt imagine, it has no maintainence history on the engine at all, it aparently had a close call with a radiator hose comming off and it overheating prior to purchase - and had an ever louder knocking and grinding sound comming from it afterwards and it needs a new cam belt very soon.

Its the perfect project car :)

Guest Andrew

you can get 2.7 performance from 2.5 easy -

the thing is - none of the 2.7 e30s i've seen run right at all - (with the exception of an alpina one).

you can get 2.7 performance from 2.5 easy -

the thing is - none of the 2.7 e30s i've seen run right at all - (with the exception of an alpina one).

hey gus i hear you have a diff>? would it be better than mine as im putting a manual with my auto diff, i dont want to drive it with that setup for very long??? pm me if you want to sell it?

thanks

yeah keen to sell it, only prob is getting it from me to you its a 3.73 ratio. your one would probably be fine, just rev a little high