Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

Looking to buy a 328i

I can have a quick look at it for you. But just to give you a basic indication of condition. I'm not taking wheels off etc.

Who here's from auckland and would look at it for me?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-cars/bmw/328i/auction-684036172.htm

Sure would appreciate that, dont know why but some member said there was something fishy about that car, they did test it 6 months ago but it was suddently sold for around 3.5 -4k to the guy whos trying to sell it only after 6 months, I initially had my eye on that green car but then steered clear. now I am set if I am able to get the blue one, otherwise I might have to consider the green car as an option. Would find it very helpful if you did have a look for all of our sake. the car has been on trademe for 2 months now but no takers, See how the drive, take her for a spin on the motorwat, if theres any overheating, or maybe the interior is falling apart. Maybe he stuffed up the gearbox. I still kept that car at the bottom of my list, dont know why. Nobody took it I guess that also put me back. But see if you like it and it checks out.

I did have a friend in auckland, but hes out till later this year, or would just ask him.

Its $4500 no reserve so just chuck that much on it, get it home, and do the cooling system and all fluids etc. Wont cost much, its manual- and room left in the budget for diff etc.

1 Buy E36

2 Empty wallet

3 Winning

And to the poor deluded fools talking about the extra torque of their V8, this is a guy who was happy with his ditch sweeping 318, remember :P:D:rolleyes:

• Like 1

Yeah but once you go from 318i to 540i, 328i etc you probably won't want to drive a 318i again. Nothing deluded about V8 torque, anyone whos passed a slow car on the open road in one will tell you that.

• Like 1

Its $4500 no reserve so just chuck that much on it, get it home, and do the cooling system and all fluids etc. Wont cost much, its manual- and room left in the budget for diff etc.

1 Buy E36

2 Empty wallet

3 Winning

And to the poor deluded fools talking about the extra torque of their V8, this is a guy who was happy with his ditch sweeping 318, remember :P:D:rolleyes:

True man, I was happy with my tiny little reving motor. Look at it this way, the e30 m3's had 4 banger motors too, which produced around 190hp. So I think if I get a 328i I can own a poor mans m3 afterall! :lol:

Oh Man, I am winning so much....

Yeah but once you go from 318i to 540i, 328i etc you probably won't want to drive a 318i again. Nothing deluded about V8 torque, anyone whos passed a slow car on the open road in one will tell you that.

Very true, I am still looking at that e34 540i on trademe, just between the blue 328i and green 540i.

Just go and buy it... spend the next 6 months fixing it... don't use the Internet ... and that will at least give us a rest from this very tiring thread that is leading knowhere

• Like 3

I need 10 likes to close this.. any takers or should I just cringe and let it fester ???

• Like 10

Just go and buy it... spend the next 6 months fixing it... don't use the Internet ... and that will at least give us a rest from this very tiring thread that is leading knowhere

Finally, someone said what we've all been thinking.

I love democracy & I also like a dictatorship situation... I'll win...even without 10 votes

• Like 1

That's cheating Phil... but I do get the drift

• Like 1

I think we should wait with baited breath for the project thread..........4200 views, 420 odd posts, & umm, still no car brought........ :rolleyes:

Dead horse...........flogged sorta thing??

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

I think threads like this also bring out the worst of all in us... I think it's time.... another place... another time maybe

Sorry Moogoo (speeling)

Thread closed

• Like 4