Sign in to follow this  
MoJoJoe

Looking to buy a 328i

Yea i did want a e36...

Ok I'll buy it.....

or the 330ci......

for the right price ;)

Just make sure which ever u choose make sure it's the one u really want, some of us may giggle if u sell it 3 months later and look for the other

Edited by Mr2low
  • Like 1

B30 beats B28 in my book. Doesn't help that the 328i has been sitting undriven for a long time too. Could be ok, could be a lemon too

:) Just to be 'queer', I personally reckon this........http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=677498300 is better value, gets relisted sometimes, but hey, I'm biased, & its not the 328 ya reckon ya want from start of the thread............ ;)

Edit - I'm not picking up the bit that its not been driven for 3 years - she says its been used as a 2nd car...........???

Edited by Blue-540i

Haha I have a newer version of that he could have for 3.5k or 5 legald shameless plug

• Like 1

Hi, i've got an e36 323i MS coupe that i've owned for over 7 years. Its got full service records from BM workshop etc and now kinda need another 4 door car as i've got a 4 month old.

didnt think i would part with it, but need something more practical now :( didnt think i would part with it..

its no 328i but goes good...pm me if you want more info...

im in no rush as i'm on a look out for a e39 or a nice e34

• Like 1

Look I could take a e36 in swapage lol 2 shameless plugs in one topic

Edited by Mr2low

B30 beats B28 in my book. Doesn't help that the 328i has been sitting undriven for a long time too. Could be ok, could be a lemon too

But seems the b28 has more potential as a faster/drivers car then the b30 on the e46 that weighs like 200 KG more.

:) Just to be 'queer', I personally reckon this........http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=677498300 is better value, gets relisted sometimes, but hey, I'm biased, & its not the 328 ya reckon ya want from start of the thread............ ;)

Edit - I'm not picking up the bit that its not been driven for 3 years - she says its been used as a 2nd car...........???

fine, fine, but as long as I dont have to offer my sexual services to the guy and his queer party friends for its v8 glory, I am down with it anything. :D

on a real note, the 540 sounds tempting. :) since you own both, how does the 5 series handle? they are slower then a regular 328i in a straight line and around corners aren't they? Kinda gives me the old guy look and feel. I might take something like that too, sad when 5 series and 7 series cars are going for less then 3 series.

PS: i fixed it, but read the first 2 paragraphs,

It hasn't really been used in the last 3 years as it has been a second car for me so it is just used every now and then. If you check the k's history it will reflect this.

Haha I have a newer version of that he could have for 3.5k or 5 legald shameless plug

you mean your 99 540i? I dont know. are there any big difrence between the e34 and e39 variations of the 5 series?? the e39 looks close to the e36. I might consider taking it.

Show it to me, whats done to it, what are the problems, current condtion and how many K's?

Hi, i've got an e36 323i MS coupe that i've owned for over 7 years. Its got full service records from BM workshop etc and now kinda need another 4 door car as i've got a 4 month old.

didnt think i would part with it, but need something more practical now :( didnt think i would part with it..

its no 328i but goes good...pm me if you want more info...

im in no rush as i'm on a look out for a e39 or a nice e34

I saw a nice 323i on trademe a few months back, it was the one with the white custom interior. can I see some pictures of yours and some more details. does it have the lsd and msport stuff? llemme know! :)

I think. I want. What you're smoking up north............ :rolleyes:

"on a real note, the 540 sounds tempting. :) since you own both, how does the 5 series handle? they are slower then a regular 328i in a straight line and around corners aren't they? Kinda gives me the old guy look and feel. I might take something like that too, sad when 5 series and 7 series cars are going for less then 3 series."

I've never had a 3 series - both my sons have been 'blessed' by having that ownership experience though, eldest one being a real sucker for punishment & currently has another 1. Its in bits at the mo. But that's a 3 series thing - which'll be why I brought a 5 series instead........ ;) Plus I didn't want a glove-box that sags............... :D

But yes, a 540 is slower than a 328 in a straight line, & around corners, hell even a well driven 323 would probably make me nervous if it was running the high octance petrol through it........

3 series hold their value more than 5's & 7's of the same age because they're easier to cut the springs on, tint, & put the bogan rims on.................... ;)

Edited by Blue-540i

Corners an e36 would/should own a 540 but straight line would be interesting

A 99 540 auto should do 0-100 in bout 6.2 - 6.5 seconds

• Like 1

Red car has some problems in the cooling system, the viscus clutch fan will need replacement, aux fan doesn't come on with the heater(temp sensor, ac leak or low ac gas). and god knows hows the coolant inside if it wasn't replaced recently. there goes another $500 + diy time.

"its a e36 thing" - yea blue you got that right. but see we guys would know whats wrong to begin with and have it done. we maintain better man, when we dont park in a ditch.

the chick is nice and was straight forward.

i'm back on the fence. what do you guys think? should I make her an offer or keep looking?

That is strange carjam is showing that. I have all the receipts for the wofs.

Thanks for the information on the cooling system. As it is you are correct, the AUX fan isn't working and the paper did stop the fan..I did use a few bits rolled up though. How did you fix this? I guess it will be expensive too. It is strange as it is really stable with the temp, it always sits halfway on the gauge and has never over heated. It is amazing how many common faults these cars have. I have owned a couple of others too with problems!

So I guess it is a lemon too and you wont be keen on it! Thanks for all the info though, you definitely know your bemas!

If you did still want the photos do you have a phone I can pix them to or would you prefer them on email?

Maybe you should buy a manual E39 525i ;) It's local too... VERY local :D

My Mrs would kill me though :o

Maybe I should and if i dont like it I will sell it off in a few months after I learn stick. Cant say I am a big fan of lite blue but if its maintained well and all, why not. How much am I looking at spending?

I can fix that. We just need some duct tape and a 2 broom handles (for climbing purposes) I know a place its right up our neck of the woods where nobody ever goes except me.

This guy is a neighbour of yours ae Allan............

Maybe I should and if i dont like it I will sell it off in a few months after I learn stick. Cant say I am a big fan of lite blue but if its maintained well and all, why not. How much am I looking at spending?

I can fix that. We just need some duct tape and a 2 broom handles (for climbing purposes) I know a place its right up our neck of the woods where nobody ever goes except me.

Haha... maintained... I brought it for 7 and have probably spent at least 1/2 that on it since... has had almost all the (M-tech) suspension done (not rear shocks, or front balljoints), Vanos seals, common oil leaks, new (genuine!) xenon headlights, ignition switch, waterpump, thermostat, belts and tensioners, obc and instrument cluster pixels repaired, Disa valve ok, I could go on... I have to make things "right"... I guess I'm a bit OCD...

Your place sounds a bit dodgy.....

I seriously think she'd kill me though. She's only just gotten used to it!

He parked his car just along the road from me last week...

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/47461-1992-318is-cheap-track-parts-car/

:lol:

Edited by Allanw

He parked his car just along the road from me last week...

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/47461-1992-318is-cheap-track-parts-car/

:lol:

Yea I figured that - if he's not far away I was gonna suggest ya wander down the road & slap him a coupla times, just to help clear some of his confusion...........that he nedz HELP with......... ;):D:)

Haha... maintained... I brought it for 7 and have probably spent at least 1/2 that on it since... has had almost all the (M-tech) suspension done (not rear shocks, or front balljoints), Vanos seals, common oil leaks, new (genuine!) xenon headlights, ignition switch, waterpump, thermostat, belts and tensioners, obc and instrument cluster pixels repaired, Disa valve ok, I could go on... I have to make things "right"... I guess I'm a bit OCD...

Your place sounds a bit dodgy.....

I seriously think she'd kill me though. She's only just gotten used to it!

Yea, sounds about right. I also have that OCD/Perfectionist thing. Make things right, change all the bushings, change the arms, change the wish bones, ball joints, shock absorbers, this that this that. I always pay attention to small details and one thing leads to another and I either make things worse, break something only to replace it with a newer/better one.

Na, Keep the 525i bro, I am only looking at those, I like those cars, specially the e34, has a lotta class on the inside and plenty of grunt on a straight line, its just that I think I will get bored in it and I dont think it will be as fun as a 328i daily driver + semi project/track car. So my target is still really a 3 series unless I am tempted.

Yea I figured that - if he's not far away I was gonna suggest ya wander down the road & slap him a coupla times, just to help clear some of his confusion...........that he nedz HELP with......... ;):D:)

You mean like this don't you?

I hope I dont get tempted too much to buy both. 5k each. Lol. :D

Seriously to be honest I just dont want to spend that kinda money, Because then when you go over the 10K mark, you start to think hey why not just get an M3 and then I end up spending 3 times more then I initially wanted. I just cant justify it. Maybe I can go up to 7 - 8K if the cars worth it. But that's it. No more.

Yea I dont live too far from the caves, so I go out of my way to drive by his place often, Well there's about 20 acres of land that separates him and me, and most of that land is owned by a posh old lady, who also happens to own a bmw. its a northern thing.

psst: there are bodies inside the cave. its a town secret, :ph34r: and don't think you can tell the police because they are also in on it since. you know all the missing homeless people, I hid them there after hitting them in big cities. :o Yea we don't take kindly to big city folk who don't drive bmws around here. You should come over one day. :wub::D:lol:B)

Edited by MoJoJoe

Yea, sounds about right. I also have that OCD/Perfectionist thing. Make things right, change all the bushings, change the arms, change the wish bones, ball joints, shock absorbers, this that this that. I always pay attention to small details and one thing leads to another and I either make things worse, break something only to replace it with a newer/better one.

Na, Keep the 525i bro, I am only looking at those, I like those cars, specially the e34, has a lotta class on the inside and plenty of grunt on a straight line, its just that I think I will get bored in it and I dont think it will be as fun as a 328i daily driver + semi project/track car. So my target is still really a 3 series unless I am tempted.

You mean like this don't you?

I hope I dont get tempted too much to buy both. 5k each. Lol. :D

Seriously to be honest I just dont want to spend that kinda money, Because then when you go over the 10K mark, you start to think hey why not just get an M3 and then I end up spending 3 times more then I initially wanted. I just cant justify it. Maybe I can go up to 7 - 8K if the cars worth it. But that's it. No more.

Yea I dont live too far from the caves, so I go out of my way to drive by his place often, Well there's about 20 acres of land that separates him and me, and most of that land is owned by a posh old lady, who also happens to own a bmw. its a northern thing.

psst: there are bodies inside the cave. its a town secret, :ph34r: and don't think you can tell the police because they are also in on it since. you know all the missing homeless people, I hid them there after hitting them in big cities. :o Yea we don't take kindly to big city folk who don't drive bmws around here. You should come over one day. :wub::D:lol:B)

You're Weird.

Like the rest of us.

:D Speak for yourself - I was starting to wonder if its maybe a 'skip meds' day...................or something........ :rolleyes:;):)

You watch - I'm starting to think he'll end up with a Pulsar or something like that ae......... ;):D

The best thing they ever did was bring out the e36 Gullwing V8....Hard to find in this sort of nick as well...