Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

I've toasted another clutch

No. but im not surprised their website is terrible.

I'll give that fluid recommendation a go tho!

don't you mean welcome back... just sold my racecar. & got rid of the rattles.

:(

on another note. the UUC clutchstop I bought from them they failed to mention is for only 3 series BMW's when I ordered.

If anyone with a 3 series wants a adjustable clutchstop PM me.

Also still no word from Rob about refunding me the overcharged amount so I have disputed the charge with my bank.

I've supplied them the invoice with the correct amount.

Edited by M5V8

Mine rattles a little too but not loud enough that's its obvious

this is like a train.

I've ordered the redline products. Will get the oil changed as per the UUC doc and see how it goes. Can't hurt.

this is like a train.

I've ordered the redline products. Will get the oil changed as per the UUC doc and see how it goes. Can't hurt.

You will probably find it still rattles after a vigorous drive. Mine is quiet until DRIVEN, then rattles at idle.... what is the mileage on the car ?

BTW: it should be driven not idled anyway. Drive it like you stole it and keep your foot on the clutch at the lights.. no biggie really... and don't park it anywhere in neutral idling.

thanks Brent.

anyone had any success in quieting this down?

Follow my formula ... from another old thread

This is what I run in the s50b32 / 5speed ZF with billet single mass and for NZ weather no chatter only on the hottest days after a 1 hour spirted drive or if Ive been going around the track.

You wont notice any 95% of the time and certainly not daily driving.

The mix is all Redline 75w 140NS .. top up with MT90.

Must be NS because of the MT90 friction modifiers take care of gear lubrication underload.

Other benefit is its not stiff during winter/colder temps :)

Single mass is so much better, it turns your ok engine into something some much more alive. I drive normal S50's now that run dualmass and they feel slow.

Here is a link to mine.

http://bimmersport.co.nz/topic/24294-operation-weapons-grade/page-6#entry307725

Bummer - Just been a saga for ya so far ae, & it's not even fitted yet................has it missed being wedding transport or still a chance it'll be done in time??

If it 'rattles', turn the stereo up a bit more than usual, or tweak the exhaust a bit...............

Bummer - Just been a saga for ya so far ae, & it's not even fitted yet................has it missed being wedding transport or still a chance it'll be done in time??

If it 'rattles', turn the stereo up a bit more than usual, or tweak the exhaust a bit...............

You skim reading again Blue? Got your "Bourbon Glasses" on? ;)

• Like 1

Oh it's fitted now. Phil.

It just rattles like a freakin train when idling after it's warmed up.

Thanks for the advice Josh. I've ordered the redline products as per the UUC website. What's the difference of MT90 to the redline product?

It def feels more alive alright. I might have to live with the rattle.

thanks Brent.

anyone had any success in quieting this down?

Some manufacturers use a big dual mass flywheel :D
  • Like 2

well the parts did show up. Only took 18 days. Had it installed at BMW on friday.

Stalled it in the BMW carpark trying to get out. Twice.

Pedal is alot lighter than my last one and the bite point is very short. You really need to be easy & slow with the action. I'm getting used to it now.

Plus: it's holding well, as you would expect. The lightened flywheel has really woken up the car. It rev's noticeably quicker. I like this.

Con: there's a rattle. Once it's warm. On idle. Makes it sound like a diesel truck. I can stop it by giving it a rev or with a small push on the clutch.

I've rung BMW and they have asked to bring it back in to see. It sounds mechanical. & it's def coming from the gearbox.

Opps, "Sorry" - missed this post on previous page Darren................

Edit - yea Allan, I'm picking it was a 'start in wrong place' more than anything............. :rolleyes:

Edited by Blue-540i
  • Like 1

Some manufacturers use a big dual mass flywheel :D

smart arse.

well, for some the rattle would be too much. My wife it's too thrilled with it.

but for me. If I can get it to quieten down alittle with a fluid change. I'll live with it for the pickup gain in engine response the lightened flywheel gives.

Oh it's fitted now. Phil.

It just rattles like a freakin train when idling after it's warmed up.

Thanks for the advice Josh. I've ordered the redline products as per the UUC website. What's the difference of MT90 to the redline product?

It def feels more alive alright. I might have to live with the rattle.

both are Redline
Redline MT90
Redline 75w 140NS
The rattle will be removed once you do the above. After 4 years mines still rattle free unless I give it serious whipass EG track day

Hi josh. What's the differnece between Redline MT90 and the Redline D4 synethetic ATF that UUC are recommending.? You think the MT90 would be better?

Ok so gearbox is now full of redline products. MT90 & 73w 140NS. It took the full 2 litres. Haven't heard the rattle yet but it was just a quick drive home.

fingers crossed.

thanks for the input team.

lets hope it works. if it still rattles at really high temps its probably something you could live with. consider wrapping the adjacent exhaust pipes maybe if box heat is an issue with hard driving

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

I've just done the Redline mix in my car today... thrashed it all the way home...> no rattle. Looking good so far

I've just done the Redline mix in my car today... thrashed it all the way home...> no rattle. Looking good so far

oh ok

might need to try that stuff in my 544iT/6

you got in stock glenn ?

No... BNT in Botany..about $70.. for 1 US quart of each. I mixed it 50/50