Sign in to follow this  
M5V8

I've toasted another clutch

Yeah your not wrong Phil. Still no idea where it is. I've been given that many tracking numbers none seem to indicate it's made it anywhere

So I've had a partial refund from UUC. Looking at the invoices they have effectively increased the base price of the clutch and then re-added in the 15% SALE discount.

I've sent Rob the company president a nice & polite email explaining that I bought their product in good faith and at certain price from their website.

I have the invoice from them stating the price.

It's illegal for them to then increase the price and charge my credit card again & simply send another invoice and call it a database error.

there's over $1100 between what i bought & what they then charged me. There were plenty of other cheaper options that would have worked, UUC was the most expensive option, now turning out to be more than 60% more expensive than the nearest competitor product.

Still no freakin idea where it is. Last parcel track had the label voided and sitting at UPS.

FFS. not a happy camper.

Ouch!!! Starting to turn into headaches for ya properly now - bummer. I've had the same at times, generally leaves me pissing blood feeling slightly disappointed........I'd have thought having the original invoice would be a bit help, so hopefully Rob will do the right thing & just sort it for ya........... ;):)

• Like 1

WOW thats very poor business, hope the president sorts it for you,

• Like 1

yes I await his response & will post.

Obviously i'm not aware if he has some complete mug doing his invoicing or he is doing it himself and trying it on.

fair to say, at $2,750 I wouldn't have been buying his product no matter what the reviews.

I did my research, spent hours over the xmas break pricing up all the options and at $2,180 it was the most expensive but the best quality item.

If / when he comes back if he doesn't refund I will be disputing the charge through VISA and he can explain to them what happened.

You're still a rough ba$tard though - poor little M5.................... :D;):)

yeah yeah. I like to think I 'quality' test products. :)

• Like 1

If / when he comes back if he doesn't refund I will be disputing the charge through VISA and he can explain to them what happened.

Contact your bank now, so you can check the criteria you must meet to dispute a transaction - you don't want to miss out on THAT one!

I've driven twins before,

Lucky bastard

• Like 1

Lucky bastard

Twin plate clutch.

Although I did date a twin once.

• Like 1

Might be hard pushed to claim that as 'testing quality' though............ :D

Hahhahahahahahhahaa...............

• Like 1

apparently it's in Auck. I've paid tax etc on it. Should be delivered in the next few days hopefully.

Still no response from Rob in regards to the outstanding overcharged amount. It's been two days now.

I've printed and filled out the transaction dispute forms. If he hasn't got back to me by this afternoon I'll logde them with VISA and he can explain to them his dodgie business practices.

apparently it's in Auck. I've paid tax etc on it. Should be delivered in the next few days hopefully.

Still no response from Rob in regards to the outstanding overcharged amount. It's been two days now.

I've printed and filled out the transaction dispute forms. If he hasn't got back to me by this afternoon I'll logde them with VISA and he can explain to them his dodgie business practices.

Hopefully the correct part turns up :)

I read somewhere of someone horror stories with these people, similar issues to yours, and when it finally turned up it was the wrong flywheel!

well the parts did show up. Only took 18 days. Had it installed at BMW on friday.

Stalled it in the BMW carpark trying to get out. Twice.

Pedal is alot lighter than my last one and the bite point is very short. You really need to be easy & slow with the action. I'm getting used to it now.

Plus: it's holding well, as you would expect. The lightened flywheel has really woken up the car. It rev's noticeably quicker. I like this.

Con: there's a rattle. Once it's warm. On idle. Makes it sound like a diesel truck. I can stop it by giving it a rev or with a small push on the clutch.

I've rung BMW and they have asked to bring it back in to see. It sounds mechanical. & it's def coming from the gearbox.

yes gearbox will rattle with a light weight flywheel , comon issue ,

just push the clutch in while at the lights as not to draw attention :)

my 544it does with its lighter ali flywheel .

my 328i does with a light steel one etc

do wonder wether a oil additive might quieten it down a bit ?? some thing like morys etc ??

thanks Brent.

anyone had any success in quieting this down?

i have sorted similar rattles at idle in a toyota with redline mt90. known as the best oil to help worn syncros too. has a very high shear strength so provides a good cushioning layer on the gear during hard use.

this was a gearbox with a light flywheel and a v6 conversion so lower idle speed that originally designed for.

i think bnt are the only stockists just fyi

Sent from my GT-I8160L using Tapatalk 2

I assume the new flywheel is single mass, because they say "with a sprung centre clutch disk", theough they don't specifically mention single mass - it does have a replacable friction surface though.

This is the usual result of going to single mass - the rattle is the gearbox, due to the engine power pulses.

*pants

im going to be the muppet reving the car to stop it rattling